Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: AAISP L2TP trouble with /29 block  (Read 548 times)

wiz0211

• Just arrived
AAISP L2TP trouble with /29 block
« on: December 31, 2023, 04:43:34 AM »

Hi Everyone!

First post on here so please go easy!

I've currently got a ZTE MC888 5G router with an unlimited data sim from Vodafone - getting decent speeds and overall happy with the service except for the CGNAT. So, I subscribed to the residential L2TP package from AAISP and I'm really pleased so far but I'm looking to turn my old computer into a server running ESXi for some homelab stuff.

I sent an email to AA support who happily assigned me a public /29 subnet but I cant for the life of me figure out how to use it properly. When I connect one computer (or router), the other disconnects from the original /32 IP. I played around with the IP routing priorities on the control panel and managed to get it to assign the first IP from the /29 block but having the same issue where I cant connect more than 1 device at once.

When I looked at the RADIUS logs, it shuts off one connection when I dial in from another device (I've tried connecting from another device on my LAN and outside of it).

Could it be because of the devices being behind the same router ? Do I need any extra equipment to setup static routes or bridge the L2TP IP to a physical interface (isn't possible with the ZTE).

My current setup:

ZTE --> Meraki MS120 -- > APs, Phones, PC (and eventually ESXi server)

Many Thanks!

anything