Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: FTTP and using own equipment?  (Read 3306 times)

Dwight

• Reg Member
Re: FTTP and using own equipment?
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2024, 10:11:12 AM »

Thanks again to all those who previously replied  :)

So today I have had the FTTP installed.

My new ISP has provided me with a Adtran XDS621 ONT.

Previously when running with my Zyxel modem (in bridge mode) and TP Link router I needed to input the service login information in the router to access the inrenet service.

The install engineer said I just needed to connect my router to the ONT modem and I can leave my current login information on the router. I don't believe this would be correct would it???
The login info in the router is specific to my current ISP. I would imagine I'd need new login info for the new ISP service wouldn't I?

Hi cosrush,
I use a TP Link Archer vr2800 with my OR/PN, all you need to do is set up your preferred router with your account details and password and it should happily handshake with the ONT. make sure it is in Router only mode and you connect into the WAN port. No need to have two or bridge.
Best of Luck
Dwight.

j0hn

• Kitizen
Re: FTTP and using own equipment?
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2024, 10:41:07 AM »

Hi cosrush,
I use a TP Link Archer vr2800 with my OR/PN, all you need to do is set up your preferred router with your account details and password and it should happily handshake with the ONT. make sure it is in Router only mode and you connect into the WAN port. No need to have two or bridge.
Best of Luck
Dwight.

He knows that.

You should read the thread before replying. He had it working like that, it simply had slow throughput due to QoS.

There is no username/password handshake with the ONT. That happens at your ISP.

The thread was resolved 4 weeks ago.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything