Broadband Related > Broadband Hardware

Best VDSL router

(1/6) > >>

redamo:
The WiFi performance of my old BTHub6 was lacking hence I was looking for a straight upgrade. After I've replaced it with a TP Link Archer VR2800 things have slightly improved but still not to what I was hoping for. My question is, would a DrayTek Vigor 2862ac make any improvements or perhaps should I look into replacing the WiFi router with a Netgear R7800 or a Zyxel NWA1123-AC HD and keep the SH as modem only?

My current VDSL stats are as follows:
DSL Up Time: 0 days 5 hours 49 minutes
DSL Modulation Type: VDSL2
Annex Type: Annex A/L
Upstream Downstream
Current Rate (kbps) 9997 34999
Max Rate (kbps) 12413 46351
SNR Margin (dB) 7.1 10.3
Line Attenuation (dB) 30.4 15.7
Errors (pkts) 0 0

Alex Atkin UK:
Using a good VDSL router and a separate good ethernet router in Access Point mode, or an actual dedicated WiFi Access Point will IMO always be better than DSL combined routers/gateways.

Combined gateways always seem to fall short on something and DSL ones in particular it can be tricky to find which models have good modems AND good WiFi.

redamo:
Thanks. Would you think that using the BTHub6 or perhaps the HG612 3B would give better DSL results then? BTW, the BT FTTC Cabinet is Huawei based.

Alex Atkin UK:
To be fair your connection seems to be stellar already, so the modem may make very little or no difference on such a clean/short line.

I'm totally blind and read the stats wrong.

RealAleMadrid:
@Alex Atkin Actuallly it's not that good because it's banded at 35Mbps. Should be getting 40Mbps, probably a fair bit more if it was on an 80/20 service.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version