Broadband Related > ISPs

Transferring from Plusnet to Shell Energy and failing

(1/2) > >>

Jaggies:
I've recently tried transferring my VDSL service from Plusnet to Shell Energy. My PN contract expires next month, and Shell have a special offer on and only require a 12 month contract.
They rang me to say they were unable to port my number, and would have to issue me a new one. My phone number has been in the family for decades, and I don't want to change it, so I cancelled the order.
I've posted on Plusnet's forum, but don't expect a reply over the weekend, but I wonder if anyone here has ported a number to Shell Energy successfully?

meritez:
5th September was the Copper Stop Sell:
https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2023/09/openreach-stops-selling-new-uk-analogue-copper-phone-lines.html

Are you converting to Full MPF LLU and VDSL or trying to keep the PSTN service?

Alex Atkin UK:
Shell don't seem to have updated their number porting page to reflect PSTN stop sell, it still mentions changing exchanges breaking porting which clearly is not relevant to VoIP.

So it may be they have left everything to the last minute and don't have a way to port numbers yet.

Unfortunately this is a pain as the only foolproof way to not lose your number, is to port the number first to an independent VoIP provider, losing broadband in the meantime.  Ofcom are really dragging their heels getting ISPs to make this easy for customers.

Jaggies:
Here in Inverness I do not have access to full fibre, so it should just be a straight transfer, surely?

Alex Atkin UK:
The analog telephone service is being discontinued regardless of how your broadband is delivered.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version