Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Virgin Media have just made me very happy  (Read 2604 times)

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
Virgin Media have just made me very happy
« on: September 01, 2008, 06:04:04 PM »

As some of you may know, I was looking to change from Virgin Media because, basically I was fed-up with all the new deals at half the price (thats even after the initial 6 month period) to new customers for the same deal that I was currently paying (£47.50pm) and going over to SKY, which would have given me a monthly saving of around £15.00 for nearly similar service, as discussed here: http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=2464.msg72728#msg72728

Unfortunately because of not having a BT telephone line, the re-connection was going to cost £124.99
Although a few people have said that Sky actually took that cost over in their payments, so basically it cost the customer nothing. But I never got around to talking with SKY, but was prepared to do something "today" one way or another.

Anyway (contrary to another post of mine regarding The Royal Mail delivering junk mail),
I had another leaflet delivered today for Virgin Media and in the "small print" it said these deals are even eligible to existing customers "taking another package".

So I finally got around to phoning them to get something sorted out once-and-for-all.

And said,
I would like to take another package please.
I would like the one that is currently on offer for £27.00 PM (inc phone)
because I can't afford to keep paying £47.50 PM and feel it's grossly un-fair that new customers are only paying 50% (approx) for the same service as I have.

So, we came to the arrangement that I now get "all" of my phones calls free of charge 24/7 (inc VAT)
The BB stays as it is (soon to be upgraded to 10MB).
But I drop the TV package to the next level down which is the TV starter package.
(As I now have Freeview that "may" help to compensate that)

And, wait for it........................ my new monthly bill will be................... £27.49  8)

Thats a saving of £20.01 PM.  Oh' and the phone call was free.
Oh, and I nearly forgot to mention, as it is being implemented straight away, I also get a £35 refund on the advanced payments already made.

Nearly done.
Apparently there are two departments, one of which is Customer Care, the other being Customer Services.
Customer services deal with upgrades and terminations of contracts, and have the authority to implement such deals to existing customers.

I was told, that if I had had this same chat with their department even months ago the same or similar arrangements could of been made.

Virgin Media have just made me very happy.
Thank you Virgin Media.

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: Virgin Media have just made me very happy
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 06:25:27 PM »

Nice to hear you finally have it sorted out.

What a saving to have ;D
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 07:04:06 PM »

Nice one OF  :thumbs:
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 09:48:00 PM »

Virgin Media have just made me very happy.
Thank you Virgin Media.

Wow - that's not something you hear very often at all! Nice one... and thanks for sharing the info, might help somebody else. Confused by the two departments though.. customer care and customer services? What do customer care do.. do they not care or something? lol
Chris

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 10:49:17 PM »

Wow - that's not something you hear very often at all!

Especially after my encounter with the "Technical Support people" in India last night at 7PM (BST) when I was complaining about my BW being capped, when I hadn't even DL or UL anything since 10 AM.

I don't (normally) get nasty with people, as it usually gets you nowhere, but I made it quite clear what I thought about their technical support superior/supervisor who said:-

A) I had DL or UL over my limit according to their figures, my response was that he did not have any figures and was simply stating a script. (well he did say exactly the same thing five times, word for word) not to mention he couldn't tell me even when the capping started.

B) He had re-set my statistics, but it would take two to three hours for it to take effect, I told him he was a liar as it only takes five minutes and he had done nothing at all.

Anyway it made me feel better "but still got me no-where" and it was gone 10 PM before my BW was back to normal.

However, today is a new day and I was speaking to a operative in this country who didn't try fobbing me off.

anything