Computers & Hardware > Networking

opnSense VLANs

(1/6) > >>

chenks:
anyone good with opnSense?
i'm trying to create a VLAN and from what i've read it should be set up correctly, but when i connect a device to that VLAN, whilst i do get a correct IP for that VLAN, i don't have an internet connection, so assuming i've missed a step somewhere.

the IP range for the main LAN is 192.168.50.x and for the VLAN it's 192.168.51.x

Alex Atkin UK:
It probably didn't automatically create a NAT rule for the VLAN subnet?  Not familiar with how opnSense does it.

Chrysalis:
In your DHCP server, remove 192.168.51.1 from the range, and make sure its set as the gateway (and probably DNS also, if you want opnsense to be your dns server on the vlan).

Its unclear if you already ste it as gateway as dhcp looks like its not a full settings grab.

chenks:

--- Quote from: Chrysalis on October 26, 2023, 08:22:09 PM ---In your DHCP server, remove 192.168.51.1 from the range, and make sure its set as the gateway (and probably DNS also, if you want opnsense to be your dns server on the vlan).

--- End quote ---

Interface assignments is shown in the second image in the original post

Chrysalis:

--- Quote from: chenks on October 26, 2023, 08:27:19 PM ---Interface assignments is shown in the second image in the original post

--- End quote ---

I noticed now, edited it out, is the gateway set in your DHCP settings?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version