Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: How Many People does it need to install FTTP?  (Read 2016 times)

art37

How Many People does it need to install FTTP?
« on: October 18, 2023, 10:06:06 AM »

My neighbour is having FTTP installed on a relatively new development. Previous failed attempts have resulted in a big ‘X’ being painted on the pavement. Yesterday, we had two OR vans and 3 installers. After an hour of struggling, they gave up. Before they left I pointed out where the ‘X’ had been painted. It had washed away after a week of heavy rain.

Today, we have three vans and 6 installers and they are also struggling to push through a rod. I have again mentioned the duct problem but they say they have no record of this on their system.

I appreciate that they want to avoid digging up the pavement but it would seem to me that there is the potential to damage existing phone and telephone lines by trying to force something through a duct that clearly does not want to go.

Edit:

After 2 hours of pushing and head scratching, a fourth van arrived with what looked like drain rods. Two men pushed and pulled for 10 minutes and eventually they broke through and reached the CSP.  I admire their collective tenacity.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 04:40:05 PM by art37 »