Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Max's checker results  (Read 6546 times)

Derpy

Re: Max's checker results
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2023, 09:16:36 PM »

I am glad for the acknowledgment of the mistakes, I do really think facing and admitting clearly (esp with less truthful statements) helps clear the air and I hope it has proven a bit cathartic for you.

I think the ability to face up no matter how deep the hole dug can really help and I hope it helps you to move forward and realise there is no point not being upfront with the truth.

Personally I went from 1GB Hyperoptic to 24/25mb FTTC for several years after moving and even though it was frustrating and tough (I work from home and uploading to youtube was pain) being unable to improve things you just have to hope and wait. Eventually FTTP will come in some form but until then you have good internet and with social tariffs you have the ability to save some proper cash. I know a lot of people unable to get the social tariffs and they would all love to get the £20 80/20 deal BT has to cut costs.

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2023, 09:45:39 PM »

We will ALL get FTTP one day soon (except possibly poor Weaver - who is single handedly keeping AAISP affloat)  :)
So just relax Max no need to get riled up or peed off, your connection is already better than most.

Time to close this thread surely?

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2023, 08:22:03 AM »

Hats off to max for taking the first step in realisation - that is often the hardest part.

Take care, dude.
AAISP 1000/115 FTTP routed by opnsense on proxmox. Even my WiFi is baller

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2023, 02:29:35 PM »

Hats off to max for taking the first step in realisation - that is often the hardest part.

Take care, dude.

Thanks it's mean alots to me!

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2023, 02:34:00 PM »

Love this view and beautiful bird in Shropshire! It's make me smile!

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2023, 12:47:18 AM »

Not really fair to have removed my post for stating a perfectly valid and evidenced opinion. Max is wasting forum time and I felt Black Sheep should have some support in what he said, because I agree with him.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2023, 05:24:20 AM »

Going completley against what is 'expected' in today's blameless society, I think this illness card is a get-out.

A mental disorder is characterised by a clinically significant disturbance in an individual's cognition, emotional regulation, or behaviour.

I'd say that obsessing over your broadband, attention seeking, lying, all qualify.

You're right in that it doesn't mean people have to put up with it, even if the person can't help what they are doing.  If someones actions directly impacts my life then yeah, I'm going to get mighty upset about that.  But nothing Max has done or said has impacted me whatsoever, other that make me more and more concerned for his health.

Unfortunately I know first hand that mental health support has gone down the pan on the NHS, they generally just refer you to charities these days based on my experience.  Not that it was great before, as I was off and on seeing them through my childhood and it never lasted long, or frequent enough appointments to help that much.  Though it did make me more compassionate towards others, especially after seeing first hand a teenage girl right after she cut her wrist (looking back it seemed very heavy handed of them to pull her into the group meeting like that).  That's an image that stays with you.

It also makes me worried how his daughter deals with all this, assuming she actually exists and it being unclear if she is still living with him or not, given he said she was moving out at one point.  Not knowing what is fact or fiction is certainly problematic.

Max, apologies for talking about you in public like this but I wanted to make it clear where my own mind state is on this and couldn't figure out a better way to explain my feelings than in response to Black Sheep rather than addressing you directly.  One of my own weaknesses has always been finding the right words to get across what I mean without sounding offensive.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2023, 10:26:09 AM »

Fair do's Alex. I like to think we're all entitled to an opinion

I'm a much more direct kind of guy, can't abide pussy-footing around stuff. I've deliberately not entertained Max and his cr4p for years now, but the other day for whatever reason, I just felt the need to tell him directly what an utter so-an-so he is being.

There's not a single soul walking this planet that isn't suffering with mental illness, or is close to somebody suffering from it, so there's not one single person that has the upper-hand in these kind of debates. Virtue-signalling is also another of today's god-awful, traits.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2023, 01:15:27 PM »

OK, I think that enough has been said on this subject now. I'm not locking the topic (yet) but I'm asking that there are no more posts unless they add genuinely helpful information. Thank you all.
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2023, 10:21:38 PM »

I tried to address this yesterday, but unfortunately couldn't. 

I thought I drew a line On 17/082023 at 08:58pm. I've explained why I wanted the thread to remain open and I asked for no further posts unless you had something constructive to say.

Thats why a post afterwards was removed.
Questioning moderation is rather pointless as there is a lot of background info that most arent aware of. I've had critism directed aimed at me saying I should "let him be". I've had others who say I should ban him.  As I said earlier I cant please all of you all of the time.. and despite the critique aimed at me, I can assure you it is genuine and there is was reason why locking threads is an easy answer, but why Max needs to be made aware if something is unacceptable.

Yes Max can be hard work, but what really does cause additional work for admin is when people start making unhelpful remarks or telling us what to do. I should not have to justify moderation, we do what we hope is best for the community.

To those who are saying ban him.
What rule has he broken.  Hes never been rude.
Most of the time its other members posts that cause the thread to be locked.
Making 2 or 3 word posts each and every time he starts a thread saying "Not again" "Oh great here we go again", "Here we go again" each and every time he posts regardless of its content is not at all helpful and makes you part of the problem.

To those who say I'm being too harsh and should leave him alone.
His posts can annoy other members and he wastes their time trying to help him.
It is annoying if he asks for advice, ignores it and then finds himself regretting his actions.
Mental illness may explain what he does, but it should not be used as an excuse.

Some members dont have a problem with Max's posts, but do with the background noise that starts up.
So whatever we do, there's someone going to complain.   Will this work?  I don't know, but nothing else so far seems to have helped.

As far as Im concerned theres nothing more to say on moderation, take subtopics such as mental health elsewhere if needed please. Not here just making more noise. What is not closed is Max getting help and taking some sort of responsibility for his obsession and in recognition that he is hopefully taking first steps.  This thread doesnt get closed until Max has some control over it.

To Max, there's quite a lot of people who have backed you here and put trust into you trying to do something about your obsession, if you fail or slip then they will be disappointed, but the person let down that matters the most is yourself.  You can do this :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2023, 05:56:36 PM »

@Kitz. From my bottom of my heart. Many thanks. I did have a very quiet weekend. Lots of fresh air walking do me good. 

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2023, 08:00:12 PM »

Nice one Max, well done :)
AAISP 1000/115 FTTP routed by opnsense on proxmox. Even my WiFi is baller
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]