Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Max's checker results  (Read 6549 times)

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
Re: Max's checker results
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2023, 05:00:22 PM »

I really doubt OR are taking him to court, it doesn’t work that way. Just another lie to get attention, and frustrate everyone else. @kitz is a Saint here, anyone else would have barred him for good.

Need to go through court to get an injunction to force someone to stop contacting you. It's not an impossible course of events.
YouFibre You8000 customer: symmetrical 8 Gbps.

Yes, more money than sense. Story of my life.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2023, 06:21:49 PM »

Yes of course but, I think it’s either a threat, or more likely a lie to get our sympathy  :baby:
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2023, 06:22:35 PM »

Reminder, folks, the man can and probably is reading this. Let's keep it brutal, honest but civil.

Yes I am watching this thread. At the moment, I am unwell.  :(

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2023, 06:35:00 PM »

I’m not surprised. Not to lie is one of the Ten Commandments. Have you heard of the story of the big bad wolf
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2023, 06:38:42 PM »

I’m not surprised. Not to lie is one of the Ten Commandments. Have you heard of the story of the big bad wolf

Alright, alright. I feel awful now. I have to seek medical help! Will post back when I am better and explained. I can be good person but at the moment my head isn't! Again sorry folks.

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2023, 06:58:11 PM »

Alright, alright. I feel awful now. I have to seek medical help! Will post back when I am better and explained. I can be good person but at the moment my head isn't! Again sorry folks.

Good luck!

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2023, 02:57:06 PM »

Good luck!

Thanks

Again I owe all of you and Kitz massive Apology

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2023, 09:40:45 PM »

I don't think chasing an explanation of why someone said crazy things while suffering from a mental illness is a rational thing to do.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

mofa2020

• Reg Member
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2023, 09:41:29 PM »

I know the feeling of chasing higher internet speeds specially on xDSL and my self was chasing higher speeds by being obsessed with buying modem/router(s) both ISP provided and third-party ones trying different chipsets on my line with line stat staring from one router to another looking for higher attainable speeds, actual speeds, interleaving latency, fastpath (which was not rolled out by the time) etc. you can imagine everything that are related to line stats I was obsessed with it.

What I realized later that I lost (wasted to be more precise) thousands of Pounds that I could have used it to buy other things in the past or that could have been helpful in the current inflation and my line will only reach 80/25 (70Mbps is more than enough for my usage) and fastpath was applied later by ISP that will work with even the first device I bought so technically I did benefit from any other device except for better WiFi performance in the higher-end ones.

I have to confess that I got obsessed again when I asked about profile 35b (in broadband technology section) even I was considering to ask my ISP for a technical step to be done -if possible- on the line to support this profile which could work or make my line worse than the current condition and even it did go well I could not afford the price for the higher speed (could try it for a month then return to the lower speed) but in reality what I was looking for is to see that my line can achieve 200Mbps in the line stats or whatever the profile can push over.

This is another side for the story, I wanted to right it long time ago but hesitated and now here it is... it is not easy to control or get over it, but the best is to never give up and think about the consequences after before the immediate joy of what we did.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2023, 04:38:49 AM »

Thanks Max.  I genuinely do hope it has made you take stock and seek help.  Things were starting to get out of control - more than usual.
From time to time you do realise what youre doing.  Half the battle seems to be that you rush headlong into something.
Take a step back, go make a brew and think before you sign up to something that you cant afford - regardless if your daughter is there or not to assist with the costs.

In an ideal world you probably owe people who you've been bombarding an apology too.  Not a good idea though with Openreach if they are taking out an injunction.

Rollout plans seldom change on daily or weekly or possibly even monthly basis.  Plans are made months in advance.  If someone said no last week, then its 99.9% chance it will be no this week too.  Pestering them wont make them change minds - there are extremely large financial costs to take into account. 
Telling them that MrMax wants 1Gb wont make much difference.  Think about it.  Say the product you order is £50pm, depending on start up costs they may only make about £8 pm profit. It could take a hell of a long time to recover the cost of installing a new network.  Pestering them doesnt change those facts.  Think again - It sounds like youve sent several hundred mails to various OR staff and AltNets in the past few months.  It's not helped anything - quite the reverse with Exascale.   As XGS said, they do talk.  If you're not careful you really could find yourself with no choice at all even if everyone else around you can. That needs to sink in.  Your current behaviour could put you in a position with no choice

----

To others, I think there is a limit to what we can expect. Some things aren't beneficial.
Thank you for trying to keep keeping it factual and civil.. and for not making direct attacks that don't help anyone.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2023, 04:25:56 PM »

Hopefully. At some point folks using the Internet to harass, and if it's that frequent it is harassment, will have their Internet taken away. It's happened before and will again.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2023, 06:20:29 PM »

Alas - I fear we will be back here once again, in 3/6/9 months time ??.

Going completley against what is 'expected' in today's blameless society, I think this illness card is a get-out.
Yes, there's probably genuine folk out there that do suffer, but how many bl00dy times has the hierarchy of this forum, coupled with other blue-chip companies input, explained to Max he's being a n0b ??!!

My own son still has issues (even still at 35yrs of age and with his own kids), that were off the scale when he was younger ...... so I'm personally not quite having this from Max. He types articulatory, has a great understanding of all manner of stats relating to his circuit, is fully aware of all manner of contracts and deals from various ISP's .............. yet we're expected to accept he can't retain or understand information that forum regulars have given him over the many years ??!!

Give over, lads either on a wind-up, or is seeking serious on-line attention. Either way, get your popcorn ready, cos this lad will be back with the same old, same old ...

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2023, 07:15:14 PM »

Right let me explaining to do.

I joined UnchainedISP from Plusnet in May 2021 started off 160/30 then upgraded to 330/50 sooner later and was on G.fast from May 2021 until June 2022 then downgraded to SoGEA 80/20 and still on it ever since. There is no migration out or cancelled service ever since. Still remained with UnchainedISP.

I haven't go back to G.fast again which it fake. I haven't got FTTP which it fake. But, indeed I keeping moaned and jealous of other getting G.fast 330/50 and FTTP 1000/200. Also I have purchased 5G Hub to give me a chance with smarty 5G on social tariff but I did very naughty of not suppose to use it on home broadband which I did downloaded over 1TB and smarty decided to act against me to reduced me to 3G and cut me off from 5G and telling me off to use social tariff on phone only which I did from now.

As copy and paste from BTwholesale checker is my childish act and stupid things to make it up and false on G.fast or FTTP.

I have to stop it now! Stop right now as I think many ISPs are getting fed up with me and there is no excuse of why I doing it! Madness crazy guy I am - I know I was stubborned, jealously of peoples on better G.fast and FTTP with higher speed.

I owe you lots my sincerely apology on this forum as I know some of you will never accepted it - that fine. It all down to own blame for foolish things on forum make me think twice, this isn't ON at all and NOT FUNNY at all. I have to STOP RIGHT NOW because sooner or later the ISPs will not having me as a customer anymore, getting banned on forum for life. This will not good on me personal.

I know I suffered severed mental illness health related. From now from today - no more broadband talk! No more jealous of someone got FTTP or better G.fast than me or getting angry with Openreach etc will not helping me at all.

I owe apology to all of you every members and staffs and admin Kitz but if Kitz decided enough and banned me for lifetime then that's my own FAULT and I wouldn't not blame Kitz. It's all down to my own fault.

I still waiting for GP to refer me to support group to help me since myself getting long term covid illness and stress related.

Right I am going to signed off and stay out of forum for while or maybe not coming back ever again (if I get banned)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2023, 07:22:04 PM »

Good - take responsibility and stop being a n0b.

Come back to welcome arms like anybody else would be on this bl00dy fantastic forum. Stop making it about you and see you on the other side, whether that be a month or a decade.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2023, 08:58:21 PM »

Thank you max.  I appreciate your explanation and effort to acknowledge that you have a problem and do something about it.   Your health issues are not an excuse and its understandable that some are dubious if Max will have learnt.  I myself have doubts when you just cant leave stats alone and regularly checks them even if there's no need.

I absolutely understand any scepticism. There are some who think he should be banned and then there's others who have been critical for not leaving him be.  I don't have the energy to justify moderation where I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. I don't want to have to lock this thread or delete posts leaving no trace of what happened here. So many of Max's threads have been locked in the past and it doesn't work.  It leaves him with no case to answer to.

This thread has moved on, its now about Max's GP referring him to a support group. He has a lot of damage to undo.  He is still on SoGEA 80/20 so his connection should be good. He doesn't need help with it... NOR seeking any attention.   If you don't have anything constructive to add, please dont.   Thank you for co-operating.  :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

anything