Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Have BT Openreach "bodged it"  (Read 1649 times)

Simonstroud

• Just arrived
Have BT Openreach "bodged it"
« on: August 05, 2023, 01:34:53 PM »

Had some weird things going on.  My entire street has been showing as FTTP ready for the best part of a year, every house except the 6 that are supplied by a single telegraph pole along the road (the road where the fibre runs).  These houses are same distance from the road as all the others, and there is no logical reason why this pole should be any different to the 50 or so other poles running along the road that do have a FTTP service.

I raised a BT Openreach query, and eventually they conceded (after 4 months of not much happening), that it was a database error, and the pole was enabled.  The same day, I was then able to put an order in, and now have FTTP, hooray..   My neighbours, also on that pole are however still showing as no FTTP service, literally just mine, have Openreach just done a manual "bodge" on my database entry without considering everyone else on the pole?

My status shows:

• Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with Line of sight problems Others.
  • ONT exists with active service. No spare ports are available. A new ONT may be ordered.
  • The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme

My all the others on the pole:

• FTTP is not available.
  • The exchange is not in a current fibre priority programme