Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: G.fast Installed today  (Read 3369 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Re: G.fast Installed today
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2023, 12:00:25 PM »

adslmax is a nice guy at heart, but mad obsessed with this kind of thing.

If you entertain his questions, don't be surprised by the outcomes.

Thanks Blacksheep. No more stats checked cos don't need it. I have to stop looked at it.

Derpy

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2023, 12:15:42 PM »

Thanks Blacksheep. No more stats checked cos don't need it. I have to stop looked at it.

That wont happen, you had a near perfect FTTC line and even then you posted when it dropped 1mb where as G.Fast can be far more variable.

I truly hope you keep to your words this time but as has happened repeatedly you dont, maybe this time will be different now you are paying so much money.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2023, 12:19:39 PM »

Lastly the engineer say the test kit showed max rate for Gfast 388 down and 56 up but capped at 330/50. Good line.

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2023, 12:21:07 PM »

Lastly the engineer say the test kit showed max rate for Gfast 388 down and 56 up but capped at 330/50. Good line.

What are you using to route it around the property, wireless mesh or are you cabling or?

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2023, 12:30:42 PM »

I can't check as using openreach gfast modem as there is no stats to check. My other zyxel gfast router is in the cupboard in the box. That's will stop me looking at the stats. Also best to leave it alone with openreach gfast modem.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2023, 12:35:30 PM »

What are you using to route it around the property, wireless mesh or are you cabling or?

The engineer spend 3 hours to drop wire at the back garden instead of front garden as my upstair pc room is the back garden room. To put new socket there. The downstair hallway master socket for other SoGEA 80/20 that will cease soon.

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2023, 12:48:12 PM »

... So me and my daughter will pay half £30 each. It's a win win situation!

I would say that 'win win' would be the 80/20 VDSL from BT at £20 per month, which would do everything you need and leave £40 in your pocket, but that's just me.
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2023, 01:09:44 AM »

I would say that 'win win' would be the 80/20 VDSL from BT at £20 per month, which would do everything you need and leave £40 in your pocket, but that's just me.

Me too.  I think most people would be happy at 80/20 for £20.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2023, 01:14:07 AM »

No more stats checked cos don't need it. I have to stop looked at it.

I'm afraid I dont believe it.
This all started because your near perfect 80/20 dropped to just 79762.  That is just 237kbps, not enough to even humanly notice... and all was back to normal a couple of days later.

Now you have subjected yourself to g.fast variable speeds.  We've been here before.  Twice, thrice, more? (ive lost count) and you end up unhappy and this time paying far more than you can afford.

There will be tears later down the line and you will go crying until you try find some way to weasel out of the contract ensuring another ISP is out of pocket.  You are so obsessed with your connection you couldn't even be bothered to say 2 words about someone who has been enormously patient and helpful to you over the past goodness knows how many years.   Its made me realise Im wasting my time too and why I didn't comment in the other thread where I perhaps may have been less polite.  Go back look at the thread from last week how many times you changed your mind.   

I don't expect to see a single complaint about what is an insane thing for you to have done.
If you have one ounce of sense, you would cancel it whilst you can.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2023, 01:18:27 AM »

My other zyxel gfast router is in the cupboard in the box. That's will stop me looking at the stats. Also best to leave it alone with openreach gfast modem.

To try stop temptation.  How much for the zyxel?  May as well try get some money if you're not going to use it?
-----

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2023, 01:19:16 AM »

To try stop temptation.  How much for the zyxel?  May as well try get some money if you're not going to use it?

I am going to selling it if anyone want it

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2023, 01:21:37 AM »

Me too.  I think most people would be happy at 80/20 for £20.

As for me I was suppose to move to BT but was cancelled. Cos I think extra £10 a month worth to have G.fast 330/50 to pay £30 a month while my daughter can pay £30 as well. So far no complaint.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2023, 01:25:41 AM »

I'm afraid I dont believe it.
This all started because your near perfect 80/20 dropped to just 79762.  That is just 237kbps, not enough to even humanly notice... and all was back to normal a couple of days later.

Now you have subjected yourself to g.fast variable speeds.  We've been here before.  Twice, thrice, more? (ive lost count) and you end up unhappy and this time paying far more than you can afford.

There will be tears later down the line and you will go crying until you try find some way to weasel out of the contract ensuring another ISP is out of pocket.  You are so obsessed with your connection you couldn't even be bothered to say 2 words about someone who has been enormously patient and helpful to you over the past goodness knows how many years.   Its made me realise Im wasting my time too and why I didn't comment in the other thread where I perhaps may have been less polite.  Go back look at the thread from last week how many times you changed your mind.   

I don't expect to see a single complaint about what is an insane thing for you to have done.
If you have one ounce of sense, you would cancel it whilst you can.

That's fine. I won't metion here if I am unhappy with G.fast but I have to switch off mind now and enjoy watching you tube, nowtv, quicker downloading to test all Linux operating system, Raspberry pi 4, CCTV and the list go on. Also upload to storage is pretty better than VDSL as 50Meg upload are a bonus.

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2023, 08:06:00 AM »

As for me I was suppose to move to BT but was cancelled. Cos I think extra £10 a month worth to have G.fast 330/50 to pay £30 a month while my daughter can pay £30 as well. So far no complaint.

So your household is still down £40 every month. That's £480 every year. I don't know about you but I can do a lot of nice things with £480.  :no:
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

Derpy

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2023, 12:04:08 PM »

So your household is still down £40 every month. That's £480 every year. I don't know about you but I can do a lot of nice things with £480.  :no:

Really he has probably spent near that with all the 4g/5g shenanigans and sims he tried in the past 6 months on ISP Review.
Pages: 1 [2] 3