Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: FTTP 'drip loop' - Is it a must?  (Read 4099 times)

re0

• Reg Member
Re: FTTP 'drip loop' - Is it a must?
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2023, 10:06:15 PM »

I had a phone conversation with someone at Openreach because a network defect was raised and I wanted to chase the status after the visit (I supplied a photo via email). I'm paraphrasing a bit here, but while it looks a bit untidy and isn't ideal, they don't mandate it being separate (in other words, the CP can do it if they choose). I could be wrong, they could be wrong, or perhaps it doesn't matter in any case.
ISP: Gigaclear - Hyperfast 900 (up to 940 Mbps symmetrical)

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2023, 03:29:44 PM »

Openreach don't care, altnet are content. You could pursue it but for what purpose?
YouFibre You8000 customer: symmetrical 8 Gbps.

Yes, more money than sense. Story of my life.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2023, 08:12:39 AM »

Personally I was just curious as surely the PIA contract would dictate it MUST be independent of existing cabling so as not to cause obstruction to OR or any other alt-net should they need to maintain their cables?

Obviously that's different to if they actually care in real-world application as its not going to be worth the cost to police and send out engineers to correct transgressions, rather than just deal with it when and if it causes a problem.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything