Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Ofcom's decision on Openreach’s ‘Equinox 2’ pricing offer  (Read 2689 times)

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/news-centre/2023/decision-on-openreach-equinox-2-pricing-offer

Ofcom has today published its decision not to prevent Openreach from introducing its new pricing offer for full-fibre broadband, known as ‘Equinox 2

On 14 December 2022, Openreach notified us of a new pricing offer for its full-fibre services (Equinox 2). This offer gives lower prices to retail providers – such as BT, Sky, TalkTalk and Vodafone – if they agree to use mainly Openreach’s full-fibre products for new orders instead of its legacy copper products.

Having carefully assessed the range of evidence available to us – including responses to our public consultation – we have decided not to prevent Equinox 2 from being introduced.

Let's see if the price cuts roll down to the Consumers.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
Re: Ofcom's decision on Openreach’s ‘Equinox 2’ pricing offer
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 10:15:07 AM »

No issue with the decision, but I am curious if an ISP looks like it might not meet the threshold would they suspend sales in copper only areas to push up the percentage?

Sadly I think any savings wont be passed on as was the case when Openreach was dropping line rental whilst the ISPs were increasing it.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 10:17:22 AM by Chrysalis »

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 10:48:22 AM »

Openreach are increasing Copper Prices from 1st June 2023 for Wholesale Line Rental, ISDN2 and ISDN30:

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 04:45:59 PM »

While I totally agree something needs to be done to push people onto FTTP, it should only apply to addresses where FTTP is actually available.

Seems rather dodgy that they can potentially increase the price in copper only areas while simultaneously telling those people they aren't rolling out FTTP to those areas.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

anything