Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: FTTP available on pole but no me??  (Read 1921 times)

Wallace.net

• Just arrived
FTTP available on pole but no me??
« on: April 27, 2023, 06:06:29 PM »

Hello, I have recently had broadband installed on our street and the one the runs off it, my property is on the corner of both. Only the pole that is on the other street seems to have fibre available. My property is currently connected to that pole for my current broadband so not sure how i am somehow not on the list.
After speaking with my isp they have told me I can’t currently have fibre as openreach has my house registered as a property shell, which is weird as it’s as old as all the other houses in the area and clearly isn’t a shell, does anyone know why they would say this? An excuse maybe?? The pole is on a different postcode to me so maybe a data input error?

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
Re: FTTP available on pole but no me??
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 06:52:58 PM »

You can ask Openreach directly via https://www.openreach.com/forms/fibre-broadband-availability---customer-form especially if your neighbours can get it

Also, see their FAQ at https://www.openreach.com/broadband-network/fibre-availability

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 11:14:01 PM »

That's certainly odd.  If the fibre can take the same path as the copper already does, this makes no sense as its the same as if they had to replace the copper which surely they CAN do?

If you don't get anywhere with above then this would be a case to chase up with the Openreach CEOs office.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Wallace.net

• Just arrived
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2023, 07:58:03 AM »

Thanks for the advice so far, it does seem weird to me but we all know what openreach can be like, I have sent them a direct message as instructed above and they are looking into it so fingers crossed that’s all it takes.