Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: problems with win11 install.....  (Read 4779 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: problems with win11 install.....
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2023, 11:32:33 PM »

Would be kinda crazy if it was just the RAM re-seating, you'd expect it would have been having issues in 10 too.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

tonygibbs16

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2023, 05:01:13 PM »

Not specifically with Windows 11, but I have reseated RAM before to resolve issues.

Cheers, Tony

neil

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2023, 05:10:15 PM »

tpm issue?
VDSL FTTC 35/18

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2023, 05:10:48 PM »

I can understand reseating things fixing a problem that impacts all OS, but to only impact 11 and not 10 would be weird.

tpm issue?

Would still be odd as I don't think it actively uses TPM, it just requires it as they might in the future or if you enable bitlocker.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2023, 10:00:28 PM »

Kinda sorted but after putting it all back in the case plus the usb pcie card and a tp link pcie adapter (secondary card for test opn box's) it ran OK but on reboot it crashed again even though it had been running fine on the bench for some time with no additional hardware.

I had cloaned it prior to the refit in the case so I removed both those cards as can manage without them for now and it still crashed. Fired up the cloan without those cards and it booted fine. Cloaned that back to the live disc and it's been fine since so if windows has installed a driver for either of those 2 cards then maybe that's the issue. I just needed my pc back and due to lack of further diag time plus downtime already experienced  and given that its working fine without those 2 cards for now I will run as is and see how it goes but so far no more blue screens on boot...

« Last Edit: April 24, 2023, 10:02:29 PM by skyeci »

neil

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2023, 10:27:34 PM »

Kinda sorted but after putting it all back in the case plus the usb pcie card and a tp link pcie adapter (secondary card for test opn box's) it ran OK but on reboot it crashed again even though it had been running fine on the bench for some time with no additional hardware.

I had cloaned it prior to the refit in the case so I removed both those cards as can manage without them for now and it still crashed. Fired up the cloan without those cards and it booted fine. Cloaned that back to the live disc and it's been fine since so if windows has installed a driver for either of those 2 cards then maybe that's the issue. I just needed my pc back and due to lack of further diag time plus downtime already experienced  and given that its working fine without those 2 cards for now I will run as is and see how it goes but so far no more blue screens on boot...

I had issues with tplink pci wifi card on windows 10, crash and stuck.
VDSL FTTC 35/18

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2023, 07:37:15 PM »

I'm convinced there is something very odd going on lately with Windows 11 network drivers, some cards just aren't stable any more.

Had good luck with Intel i225 B3 and the Realtek 2.5Gbit USB adapters myself.  Huge problems with Aquantia based cards that work perfectly in Linux.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything