Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Omega Sun  (Read 4879 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Omega Sun
« on: August 23, 2008, 10:37:47 PM »

You can find this photo on this site http://www.spaceweather.com/   Look on RHS put   23 / august / 2008    in archives.
Link is under omega sun just above OZONE FRINGE:  in the centre of the page.
Enjoy  :).

[attachment deleted by admin]
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

dave.m

• Kitizen
Re: Omega Sun
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 11:25:37 PM »

Thanks for the link, Mike.
There are some very good photographs and sequences there. Facinating what happens around the earth and we hardly ever notice.
When we lived on the prom at Blackpool (we managed a block of holiday flats, we weren't that rich), I would sometimes got to the top floor and watch the sunset out over Ireland. Only ever took a few pictures and they were on film. The pictures went missing as we moved a couple of times and old boxes were thrown out without having a thorough search done of them. Shame but that's the way it goes.
Thanks again for linking to a very interesting site.
dave

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 12:12:16 AM »

Yes it's a good site I look on most days, I think it's run by a chap at Nasa.
Shame you could not find those photo's.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 06:53:53 AM »

Beautiful pictures. Thanks. :)
  Eric

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 07:59:33 AM »

wow - I never knew there was such a thing.
There's some fascinating sun mirages on that site :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2008, 12:03:33 AM »

I'm sure a lot of you know but for those that do no make the connection about the name 'Omega' and the photo of the sun.

Omega is the 24th letter of the Greek alphabet  The symbol Ω (which if you look at the photo is the basic shape of the sun, hence Omega Sun. ) 8)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega

Ezzer

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 08:35:49 PM »

I remember some weeks after mount St Helens went up in the states, the sunsets got a fantastic subtle blues and purples to them. (once in a blue moon comes from the atmospheric effect caused by volcanic dust if near an eruption that turns the moon a slightly blue colour, remeber when stuble burning was still in mainstream, the deep brown and reds of the moon and sun rises/sets)

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 11:52:25 PM »

I remember some weeks after mount St Helens went up in the states, the sunsets got a fantastic subtle blues and purples to them. (once in a blue moon comes from the atmospheric effect caused by volcanic dust if near an eruption that turns the moon a slightly blue colour, remeber when stuble burning was still in mainstream, the deep brown and reds of the moon and sun rises/sets)

Look at "VOLCANIC SUNSETS:" on todays date on that site 27 / August / 2008.