Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: How does Netomnia deploy its fibre?  (Read 1629 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
How does Netomnia deploy its fibre?
« on: February 21, 2023, 11:09:56 AM »

I've noticed Netomnia is now in Oldham, and it's reached my town. I'm sure I missed a sales guy the other day that might have been from them (or Youfibre).

How do they deploy their fibre? Do they use cabinets?
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member
Re: How does Netomnia deploy its fibre?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2023, 12:17:41 PM »

They deploy the OLT in the local Openreach facility and then build out from there. Beware however, they do not dig any of their own trenches etc - they rely 100% on the OR ducts that are already in place and will deploy their fibre in those. They also deploy to poles. Overall - it all needs to be OR Green PIA...

So, as long as you have ducts all the way to your front door - or are pole fed - you SHOULD end up getting service from them...

Good luck.
AAISP 1000/115 FTTP routed by opnsense on proxmox. Even my WiFi is baller

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
Re: How does Netomnia deploy its fibre?
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2023, 02:42:00 PM »

Just to answer another point zero cabinets. All Netomnia infrastructure is either in pits underground or on poles, no cabinets.

They follow the Openreach network architecture very closely which is why you'll see them building a chamber next to the chambers serving many PCPs in an area they're covering.

The OLTs live in Openreach handover exchanges and benefit from the power backup the rest of the Openreach exchange does - Netomnia and YouFibre lease space from Openreach and backhaul from A N Other that'll give them dark fibre or at least wavelengths on fibre. They aren't paying Openreach for 10 Gbit Cablelinks then 10 Gbit short range links.
YouFibre You8000 customer: symmetrical 8 Gbps.

Yes, more money than sense. Story of my life.