Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 5G Mobile Internet Access in Telford . . . and Other Areas  (Read 3043 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: 5G Mobile Internet Access in Telford . . . and Other Areas
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2023, 04:19:31 PM »

@tubaman if only Wiltshire council stopped refusing mobile mast planning applications:
https://www.google.com/search?q=wiltshire+mobile+mast+refused

This comment has me  :lol:
https://development.wiltshire.gov.uk/pr/s/web-comment/a073z00001JdWtuAAF/sally-mundys-comment

What gets me is they always go on about how it will reduce their house prices, when the lack of decent broadband is a far bigger factor in doing that.

Who is going to want to buy a house with bad mobile and no broadband?  Even the most extreme technology shy elderly people are going to want to be able to call an ambulance, surely?

My mums ex refuses to use the Internet, but even he has had a mobile phone for years.  Without it he would be dead now as he called us when he was having a heart attack.

I suppose ultimately this a problem that will fix itself when those people artificially reduce their life expectancy due to bad mobile coverage, that's pretty sad really.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 04:22:28 PM by Alex Atkin UK »
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2023, 09:34:34 AM »

Take care of yourself Kitz, our thoughts are with you. I’m very tired at the moment, have been put on vitamin D tablets and had an IV ferritin infusion in the new local hospital in Broadford.

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2023, 10:18:48 AM »

This comment has me  :lol:
https://development.wiltshire.gov.uk/pr/s/web-comment/a073z00001JdWtuAAF/sally-mundys-comment

Copy/paste straight out of one of the anti-5G groups and, hopefully, such posts are filed appropriately.

I can imagine this person being one of those who go to Spain, fail to adequately protect themselves and suffer the impact of the toxic effluent hitting them from our star.
YouFibre You8000 customer: symmetrical 8 Gbps.

Yes, more money than sense. Story of my life.

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2023, 10:44:35 AM »

I remember talking to someone from work some thirty five years ago who was concerned about gamma radiation coming out of his monitor. He wanted my advice about buying a ‘screen’ that was advertised as just the right man for the job. I advised him to get some lead bricks and pile them up in front of the VDU instead.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 10:47:53 AM by Weaver »

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2023, 01:14:04 PM »

Copy/paste straight out of one of the anti-5G groups and, hopefully, such posts are filed appropriately.

I can imagine this person being one of those who go to Spain, fail to adequately protect themselves and suffer the impact of the toxic effluent hitting them from our star.

You are assuming it's a human being  :-\

Looks like a bot, with an auto response.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything