Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: iPod Touch  (Read 9347 times)

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
iPod Touch
« on: August 22, 2008, 01:32:41 PM »

Hi All,

I am seriously considering buying an iPod Touch to replace my 2nd Gen Nano, so that I can watch videos when on the move.

Anyone got an iPod Touch and if so what is your verdict on it?

Also, with 8gigs, it should hold my 5gig music collection nicely :)

Cheers

Jamie
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

mr_chris

• Kitizen
Re: iPod Touch
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 01:55:50 PM »

My own personal iPod verdict... if you've got the money, they're a really nice toy. I don't have one myself, but I've seen them and they are very nice.

If you've already got an iPod, you obviously know the pros and cons of having an iPod already.
Chris

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 02:01:26 PM »

Don't much about i-pods but I have a sony walkman 8gb on which I have about 55 albums,loads of photo's and still plenty of room left.It sync's with windows media player11 and everything is just drag and drop,its so simple to use(it has to be for me  :D )

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 04:31:18 PM »

Yeh, iPod batteries aren't that amazing, my Nano's is on the way out so I am going to treat myself to the Touch.

@UncleUB, I have purchased loads of songs and films from iTunes Store so therefore I need an iPod to play them on :-\

Thanks for the advice though :)
Kind Regards
Jamie

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 05:30:55 PM »

I see,no problem.    :)

mr_chris

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 01:47:42 PM »

Bit of a rant coming up I feel, but that's why I don't like buying songs from iTunes. They arrive in a copy-protected DRM format that I can't play on another computer, unless I

(a) authorise the other computer (can only have up to 5)
or (b) burn them to a disk and re-import them as non copy-protected files, which causes the quality to diminish even more, as they've basically been lossy-encoded twice.

I'm sure there are apps out there that will remove DRM content from iTunes downloads, but it's probably illegal in some way, which kinda defeats the point of actually buying them from iTunes in the first place!

I don't buy a lot of music online, but if I did, I'd prefer to buy unprotected MP3 files from something like play.com. 65p a track - although CD-WOW isn't that much more expensive really... and you get the physical CD and all the proper inlay gumph etc, too!

Having said that, MP3 obviously works with iPods too - I'd still get an iPod if I had money to throw away, just cuz they're cool and gadgety... I like gadgets hehe ;)
Chris

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 02:35:00 PM »

Yes I am a gadget person as well, so an iPod with WiFi is a great addition, as I can't afford an iPhone 3G :o The price is unbelievable!

I go abroad once a year, same place, and they have Free WiFi, but they have an Internet Center which costs money! Using my iPod to check mail would be awesome and a lot cheaper!! Also, watching my OWN film on the plane there would be great. They are selling The Naked Gun on iTunes at the moment so I will treat myself to that at some stage!
Kind Regards
Jamie

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Illegitimi Non Carborundum
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 04:43:41 PM »

I don't buy a lot of music online, but if I did, I'd prefer to buy unprotected MP3 files from something like play.com. 65p a track - although CD-WOW isn't that much more expensive really... and you get the physical CD and all the proper inlay gumph etc, too!

Yeah, for many albums it can cost more to buy all the tracks as MP3's than buying the physical CD... if you get the latter, you can rip them to whatever quality you wish (I prefer a bit rate of 196), plus you always have a backup if your hd/mp3 player/pc ever goes t!ts up.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 06:50:07 PM »

Yeh, I store on my Music on an external Hard Drive anyways so I am OK! They are also on the iPod in case.
Kind Regards
Jamie

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 09:03:46 PM »

Well I have ordered an 8gig Touch.

Haven't bought any electronics from Amazon before so will be interesting to see how long it takes, although, we have a HUGE Amazon Warehouse in Wales now, about half an hour from me in Swansea (http://tinyurl.com/5gt8pr)

Its should be with me Wednesday so will tell you guys you what my new toy is like! :silly: :thumbs:
Kind Regards
Jamie

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2008, 06:03:05 AM »

@ jid,I have used Amazon many times without any problems.I a have always ordered stuff direct from Amazon not from any of their re-sellers.
One thing to make a note of is if Amazon drop the price of what you have ordered within 30 days the will refunded you the difference.You have to ask them though,its not done automatically.

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2008, 09:47:19 AM »

@ jid,I have used Amazon many times without any problems.I a have always ordered stuff direct from Amazon not from any of their re-sellers.
One thing to make a note of is if Amazon drop the price of what you have ordered within 30 days the will refunded you the difference.You have to ask them though,its not done automatically.

Cheers for that Unc :)

I will keep that in mind, but its the cheapest price around so I think it will only go up not down!
Kind Regards
Jamie

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 03:14:20 PM »

Well I have my iPod touch now and can say that it is brilliant!

I am writing this on it and its awesome!

Delivery came first thing and very happy.

Regards

Jid
Kind Regards
Jamie

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 03:46:09 AM »

niiice :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 10:39:50 AM »

The safari browser is good and displays all sites really well.

The keyboard is excellent but does take a bit of getting used to!

The mail app isn't too bad either...but is a bit cluttered when you get a lot of emails!
Kind Regards
Jamie

Pages: [1] 2

anything