Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Why the high speeds as asked by Gigabit Ethernet and crazy speeds in general  (Read 4883 times)

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member

Interesting setup - love all the details :)

AAISP 1000/115 FTTP routed by opnsense on proxmox. Even my WiFi is baller

craigski

• Reg Member

I am imagining a situation where you are a away from home, and a family member calls the ISP as the network is down, and the ISP helpdesk asks them to restart the router, 'which box is that' the family member asks?  :D

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member

I am imagining a situation where you are a away from home, and a family member calls the ISP as the network is down, and the ISP helpdesk asks them to restart the router, 'which box is that' the family member asks?  :D

Yeah I have a similar problem :D My "router" is a virtual machine, so not exactly simple to do the ol' "have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors

Yeah I have a similar problem :D My "router" is a virtual machine, so not exactly simple to do the ol' "have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Course it is, there's that big switch in the utility cupboard - unless there are UPS involved (which I'd be surprised if there isn't).
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member

Course it is, there's that big switch in the utility cupboard - unless there are UPS involved (which I'd be surprised if there isn't).

Of course there’s a UPS :)

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member

Natch.

YouFibre You8000 customer: symmetrical 8 Gbps.

Yes, more money than sense. Story of my life.

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member

Have some more stuff on the way. Made a slight error with the diagram before that I've fixed.

I'm doing the layer 2/3 diagram at the moment.

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member

I was going to write up some stuff about the routing but need to work out how to keep it simple. The secondary router has 177 routes, the primary 180 :shrug2:

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member

I was going to write up some stuff about the routing but need to work out how to keep it simple. The secondary router has 177 routes, the primary 180 :shrug2:

Now, that is interesting - how so many? You mentioned elsewhere you were VPN'd to a data centre - are you learning routes via that?

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member

I won't cover the rest of the network globally but there are another 100+ nodes on it.

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member

Learning them all, filtering a few. I'm actually advertising some networks back, too.

Pages: 1 [2]