Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Scilly Isles.  (Read 1413 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Scilly Isles.
« on: December 30, 2022, 06:55:33 PM »

Scilly Isles.

As anyone been to St. Mary's isle the main island ?.

Looking at June for a week, but a bit unsure if a week is too long as It's very small island, also the fact that we would have to have an electric (golf type) Buggy to get around :o
We live near EMA and there is a new route to Newquay then change planes to get to St. Mary's airport so getting there will be ok.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Scilly Isles.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2022, 01:10:57 AM »

One of the main attractions of the islands is taking advantage of the very frequent ferries to all the other islands and exploring (starting with Tresco), so if mobility is an issue, I'm hesitant to recommend. I'm not sure how much there is on St Mary's alone - we did a day trip (silly o'clock flight out, boat back) a few years back when staying in St Ives specifically to get to Tresco and also explored Bryher - but we do a lot of walking anyway.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530