Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Openreach - No FTTP for my property  (Read 1469 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Openreach - No FTTP for my property
« on: November 10, 2022, 11:08:49 PM »

Got direct email from Openreach for my area

Good Morning Mr ***********,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I tried calling the number you provided (01952******) to discuss your enquiry but wasn't able to get through.

I have taken a look at our records and I can see that we do have plans to upgrade some parts of the Madeley and Woodside areas to full fibre although we do not currently have any plans that cover your property. Our full fibre upgrade work tends to be planned for a small number of streets at a time and it is very unusual for plans to be made for an entire town or suburb to be upgraded under as single project.

We can't given out any specific information on why a given area is or is not included in our current plans as this would include sensitive commercial information but I can tell you that we take many factors into account including but not limited to, the time and cost of any required engineering work, the services currently available in the area, the number of additional properties for which service would be provided, and any likely problems obtaining permissions to work in the required areas.

Openreach are committed to providing full fibre to 25 million homes by 2026 so it is most likely we will expand our plans to include your property in the future.

We don't have any plans to upgrade your area right now, but we can keep you up to date when things change. To receive any future updates please go to our fibre checker, input your postcode, chose your address from the drop down, then scroll past the availability information and complete the Gigabit Fibre form and we’ll update you once plans change. www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband.

If you want to bring fibre to your property sooner there is an option you could look into

Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) on Demand, FTTP on demand is a product which a few select service providers offer, which will give you a full-fibre FTTP broadband, as a bespoke installation direct to your premises. It is available across the UK – even in areas that cannot reliably get FTTC.

Fibre on Demand differs from standard FTTP in a number of important ways. As the fibre is delivered to your premises as a custom build, a substantial installation. G.fast are available at your property. If you would like to look into this option you’ll need to contact a service provider to place an order.

You can find a list of service providers on this link, just scroll down the page and click on demand https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fttp-provi...

If you have any further questions, please let us know. if we don't hear back from you by this time next week, we will mark your enquiry as resolved.

Kind regards,

Fibre enquiries
Infrastructure solutions customer service
Openreach

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
Re: Openreach - No FTTP for my property
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 07:56:13 AM »

At least it's in your area so you stand a fighting chance. The current Openreach plans, going out to 2026 don't cover where I am at all.
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 12:45:12 PM »

Following up with Openreach No FTTP for my area:

I won't give up. I will carry on kept fighting my corner with Openreach, my local MP and Telford & Wrekin Council, I don't care if they ever get fed up with me. I suggest all Telford (Woodside & Madeley area) customers do the same too.

Iain

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 01:12:54 PM »

Why?
You have stable VDSL at the maximum speed.
You can get G Fast at double and more that speed.
What you have is more that fast enough for your needs.
You have stated in the past you have limited income to spend on Broadband.
Do not get obsessed about getting something you do not need.

Derpy

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2022, 03:09:59 PM »

Especially true when many MANY others dont have anywhere near your speeds max and Openreach may be prioritising them more.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2022, 04:07:33 PM »

True but it always nice to have FTTP with non DLM for 80/20 FTTP service. But likely won't getting it until 2026-30. I bet it will be 2030.

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2022, 06:46:59 PM »

Max,

If you read between the lines, Openreach have basically said you will be covered by 2025/6 - they have just not announced the plans publicly for your area yet.

licquorice

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2022, 07:19:58 PM »

Max, your MP has far more important things to attend to rather than pestering Openreach to provide you with a service you don't actually need. Do not waste his time with your pointless quest.

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2022, 08:29:14 PM »

Everyone will get FTTP one day Max, so I guess you will have to wait like the rest of us - it is just a a matter of time mate.

Put yourself in poor Weavers shoes for a moment. He has x4 lines bonded to get a crappy 10Mb, poor guy!

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2022, 09:21:50 PM »

Everyone will get FTTP one day Max, so I guess you will have to wait like the rest of us - it is just a a matter of time mate.

Put yourself in poor Weavers shoes for a moment. He has x4 lines bonded to get a crappy 10Mb, poor guy!

He doesn't even get 10Mb
AAISP 1000/115 FTTP routed by opnsense on proxmox. Even my WiFi is baller

mwarby

• Just arrived
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2022, 10:08:38 AM »

Max, your MP has far more important things to attend to rather than pestering Openreach to provide you with a service you don't actually need. Do not waste his time with your pointless quest.

I also wonder what the pestering would actually achieve. Would Openreach really rejig their plans just because an MP asked them to do so (persistently) ? I expect unless there is funding available (and I really doubt there would be in an area with FTTC at top end of speed, and fast) Openreach will stick with their current plan.

Can you imagine the chaos if one or 2 people from each area, for each MP petitioned Openreach to bump their area up the rollout (with no funding), and they took notice

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2022, 01:55:30 PM »

I also wonder what the pestering would actually achieve. Would Openreach really rejig their plans just because an MP asked them to do so (persistently) ? I expect unless there is funding available (and I really doubt there would be in an area with FTTC at top end of speed, and fast) Openreach will stick with their current plan.

Can you imagine the chaos if one or 2 people from each area, for each MP petitioned Openreach to bump their area up the rollout (with no funding), and they took notice

Bullseye - alas, this is Max, and Max doesn't ever listen to advice.  ;D

tubaman

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2022, 01:57:46 PM »

Following up with Openreach No FTTP for my area:

I won't give up. I will carry on kept fighting my corner with Openreach, my local MP and Telford & Wrekin Council, I don't care if they ever get fed up with me. I suggest all Telford (Woodside & Madeley area) customers do the same too.

I would respectively suggest spending your time on better things as the only outcome of continually pestering them will be for them to eventually ignore you. That's not an outcome you want if you actually do need real assistance in the future.
FTTP will come your way eventually and as said by others it's not as if you actually need it anyway.
BT FTTC 55/10 Huawei Cab - Zyxel VMG8924-B10A