Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: AAISP L2TP  (Read 6037 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
Re: AAISP L2TP
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2022, 10:21:42 AM »

@Alex this is the the bug report which I mentioned earlier.

I have linked to the reply as a reference point by someone who did a lot of digging into the monitoring of ipv6 gateways.  I am not sure if this is the cause of the perpetual 'pending' state but its a possibly.  My theory remains its related to gateways that are not pingable.

https://redmine.pfsense.org/issues/11454#note-23

--

After more digging i came across more bug reports, of which a fix was made by using the "dont wait for RA" option, no such option exists for SLAAC, but I have now moved the configuration to use DHCP6C instead since that part of pfsense has clearly had more dev attention and gateway monitoring now works on IPv6.  This option does assign a internet IPv6 to the l2tp interface instead of just link local.  The gateway is still not pingable (monitoring is pinging 2001:4860:4860::8844), so the issue might be that pfsense will refuse to consider it online if it only has a link local address.

I also have discovered a few things which I consider to be bugs such as vpn interfaces been brought online using link local address for the physical lan interface instead of the physical wan interface, the aaisp v6 interface is actually having both link locals added to it, but luckily the correct one is added to the routing table.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 01:13:28 PM by Chrysalis »

Mark07

• Reg Member
Re: AAISP L2TP
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2023, 10:37:50 AM »

Has anyone got this working on an Edgerouter?

I'm looking at giving it a shot over my VM connection, but looking at the AA wiki it seems there's some strange issues with the Edgerouters.

I've reached out to AA direct to see if they can advise, but figured i'd ask you lovely folk here also :)
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything