Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Email Hosting (Currently with TsoHost)  (Read 12537 times)

art37

Email Hosting (Currently with TsoHost)
« on: October 15, 2022, 08:31:28 AM »

[This topic has been created by splitting off the following post (and all subsequent replies) from Dwight's "Email hosting" topic.]

I use Andrews and Arnold’s email. Very cheap and very reliable. See aa.net.uk. You don’t have to be an ISP customer at all.

Sorry to hijack this thread. I also have a personal domain and email hosted by TsoHost. I am keen to move the domain away to a new host. Has anyone done this with AAISP? Can I set up an email service whilst the domain transfer takes place using my personal email address?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 03:29:02 PM by burakkucat »

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
Re: Email Hosting (Currently with TsoHost)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 10:13:22 AM »

I recommend you look at what John can offer, see earlier posts in this thread.
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

Dwight

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2022, 03:45:59 PM »

Sorry to hijack this thread. I also have a personal domain and email hosted by TsoHost. I am keen to move the domain away to a new host. Has anyone done this with AAISP? Can I set up an email service whilst the domain transfer takes place using my personal email address?
Hi Art,
Know from my resent visits to the website that John's service will pick up your old domain. So don't see why AA wont. Have you visit their web page to check?
Regards.
Dwight.

art37

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2022, 04:13:16 PM »

Thanks. I have but like most things associated with AA their support pages are to say the least unusual. I will give them a ring on Monday.

I am somewhat frustrated at the moment as my wife’s IPad and IPhone have stopped downloading emails. Short of a full factory reset, I have tried everything to get the email server to verify her accounts. My frustration is that it has taken 2 days to get any response from TSOHost. I think that this might be an IOS16 bug on her phone but why it is happening on 2 devices (linked by an Apple ID) is beyond my ability to solve.

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2022, 06:08:51 PM »

Hi

I am sorry but you are not giving any helpful details to try to help you.  What is the exact error message shown

It is unlikely to be a IOS 16 bug (I have not heard of any reported issues with email and we are not experiencing any issues on our IOS16.3) and as g3uiss posted, apple ID is unlikely to be connected to your email issue as email is currently hosted with tsohost

Your latter posts seem to indicate verification is wrong credentials rather then SSL verification

If so, you could try to login to your email account using tsohost webmail to confirm that you are using correct credentials (username and password)

There is only 1 other thing which comes to mind with passwords on some mobile devices, and that is some symbols are treated differently on iphone.

As a test, if you change your password to exclude £ and % and then test if iphone then works

Many thanks

John

art37

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2022, 11:11:37 AM »

Hi

I am sorry but you are not giving any helpful details to try to help you.  What is the exact error message shown

It is unlikely to be a IOS 16 bug (I have not heard of any reported issues with email and we are not experiencing any issues on our IOS16.3) and as g3uiss posted, apple ID is unlikely to be connected to your email issue as email is currently hosted with tsohost

Your latter posts seem to indicate verification is wrong credentials rather then SSL verification

If so, you could try to login to your email account using tsohost webmail to confirm that you are using correct credentials (username and password)

There is only 1 other thing which comes to mind with passwords on some mobile devices, and that is some symbols are treated differently on iphone.

As a test, if you change your password to exclude £ and % and then test if iphone then works

Many thanks

John

Thanks John. I have tried all of the above. I have even set up a new email account in TSOhost which I installed and verified on 3 Apple devices linked to my ID but neither of my wife’s devices will SSL verify the new account. If I use the none SSL server, I encounter the same problem.

The odd thing is that incoming emails just stopped on my wife’s devices. The accounts had been set up for months. The only thing that she did that evening was update the IOS15 firmware on her IPad. Her IPhone is on IOS16 firmware. I have since reset both devices and put them onto the IOS16 beta programme.

There are reports of security certificate issues with IOS15 and 16 with a variety of fixes ranging from setting location services; turning SSL off and on; adjusting the country and date through to a factory reset.

Finally, I have tried both auto configuration and manual configuration of the emai account.

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2022, 12:11:20 PM »

Hi

Many thanks

I hve not heard of that but googling does show some issues which have been encountered.

I do not believe it is an IOS bug but accept I could be wrong sorry

As a test, and it is not something I normlly do I will PM you a test email account form one of our platforms, so you can test

Please donot send spam as it would be a live test account and our platforms monitor for spam and mass mail abuse

Appreciate of you could then update your thread with the result

I will delete the test account after 6PM tonight

If do setup the test account, please ensure you fully delete the account after test as you could cause IDS/IPS to kick in and fully ban you if you attempt to continue to connect to a non existent email account

Many thanks

John

art37

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2022, 01:35:29 PM »

Thanks John. I have sent you a PM. The test account verification process was as I would expect.

art37

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2022, 08:34:39 PM »

Update:

Having had 4 days of frustration, and no tangible support from my domain host, my wife’s IPhone and IPad have suddenly started downloading emails again. I must have deleted and re-built the accounts more times than I care to think about. Both devices were stuck on ‘verifying’ from mid afternoon onwards. I am still none the wiser as to why 2 out of 5 devices only were impacted (both linked to same Apple ID).

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2022, 08:53:39 PM »

You keep mentioning linked by the same Apple ID that’s of no consequence with regard to email email authentication.
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

art37

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2022, 10:09:29 AM »

I only mention Apple ID because the email stoppage only impacted 2 devices linked to my wife’s ID. Three other devices which have her email account on them continued to receive emails normally. I was also able to set up a new email address on the same server to these devices but not on those linked to my wife’s Apple ID. They failed to verify  and I had to hard reset the devices.

anything