Broadband Related > FTTP Rollout

YouFibre Installation

(1/2) > >>

XGS_Is_On:
Hey Folks,

The previous thread made me realise that I haven't shared any pictures of my own YouFibre install.

It's all PIA, there is a splitter node in the Openreach pit closest to us with a CBT fed by that splitter in another pit, so the fibre goes from the CBT in a neighbouring pit past the splitter node then to the property, about 70 metres.

The existing Openreach duct was used with a very, very tidy bit of work to spur off and feed the Netomnia CBT. All images thumbnails, clickable for full size image.

Swift trip along the wall under the window:

Then, on the fence side of the bay window, out of view from the front door, a little loop and into the brick:

The cable cover on the other side is underneath the desk, well out of view, paint chips not their fault:

It goes into a flange and patch cable where it makes its way into a cabinet and the ONT, the device on the left as you look at it, on the shelf under the top router and yes, my cable management is abysmal:

Great install from YouFibre's contractor NanoFibre.

burakkucat:
Thank you for the pictures. You must have read my mind . . . for I always appreciate sight of different providers' installation methods.

Dwight:
Looks quiet a neat install. Now time to tidy up the rack!  :lol: :lol:
Did you have fiber from Openreach before? As that seems a large box from them.
Thanks.
Dwight.

XGS_Is_On:
I actually did some cable management just today in there as I retired a small switch :D

Yes, this place is only a couple of years old and has never had copper.

chriskross:
I'm booked to get my installation on Thursday, but it will be via a pole. Will it still use that external box?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version