Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Trouble with Cerberus Networks  (Read 2185 times)

Ixel

• Kitizen
Trouble with Cerberus Networks
« on: August 22, 2022, 03:01:23 PM »

Hi all,
It appears that I could have a problem with Cerberus Networks. >:(

As some of you here already know, I'm now using Lightning Fibre (a local ISP that's rolling out their own FTTP network). In the first week of using their service I had an issue after day one, but that issue has since resolved itself and the service to date has been fantastic.

Originally I had planned to cease the Cerberus Networks FTTP service a few weeks after Lightning Fibre's service was live. Regarding Cerberus Networks, I'm currently paying around £150/mo for (out of contract, extra IP addresses and contracted at a time long before the FTTP pricing dropped). Due to a problem I had in the first week of using Lightning Fibre, which has since resolved itself, I decided I would migrate from Cerberus Networks to AAISP therefore keeping the Openreach based FTTP connection live.

As the problem with Lightning Fibre resolved itself, I contacted AAISP and said I would like to cancel the migration and then contact Cerberus Networks to cease the FTTP service. I didn't realise however that AAISP could also put in a cease, saving me from contacting Cerberus Networks. I gave them permission to do so and was happy with that outcome.

Unfortunately Cerberus Networks the following day sent me an automated email telling me the unsolicited cease request had been cancelled. I made a request via Cerberus Networks control panel to cease the FTTP service instead, which it acknowledged and showed at the time as pending... albeit the cease date meant I had to pay for another month's service this time. I wasn't truly happy about that but there was nothing I could really do, instead I left a review explaining this and assumed there would be no further trouble.

Around two days before the cease was meant to happen (on the 24th of this month), I decided to login to their control panel and check the 'service history' to see if things were still fine. To my amazement there's no mention of a pending cease anymore! It appears as if they've cancelled the cease request again.

I've now opened a support ticket with them to ask about this.

I was wondering if anyone else has had trouble cancelling one or more services with Cerberus Networks?

If it turns out they've cancelled my cease request and I have proof (as an email) that they acknowledged it originally, both for mine and the AAISP one they cancelled, what action could I potentially take to challenge this and avoid paying for yet another month in full? This is assuming that they don't take responsibility and waive next month's upcoming invoice.

EDIT: Resolved.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 09:56:58 AM by Ixel »

EC300

Re: Trouble with Cerberus Networks
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 06:01:06 PM »

I left Cerberus and had no issues, I gave 30 days notice so didn't get hit with a remaining month as it is in the contract you have to give 30 days, and if you don't, they charge you 30 days anyway.  In my case I never had any communication from Cerberus to say they had received a cease request, so I raised this with them and confirmed the service would get ceased.  The day came, the service dropped with Cerberus and switched to the new ISP and the billing was all sorted and I think I got a partial month refunded.

Clearly they knew you wanted to cease and you have emails confirming that, so I'm sure they will sort it out.  :fingers:

Ixel

• Kitizen
Re: Trouble with Cerberus Networks
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2022, 11:41:05 AM »

I left Cerberus and had no issues, I gave 30 days notice so didn't get hit with a remaining month as it is in the contract you have to give 30 days, and if you don't, they charge you 30 days anyway.  In my case I never had any communication from Cerberus to say they had received a cease request, so I raised this with them and confirmed the service would get ceased.  The day came, the service dropped with Cerberus and switched to the new ISP and the billing was all sorted and I think I got a partial month refunded.

Clearly they knew you wanted to cease and you have emails confirming that, so I'm sure they will sort it out.  :fingers:

I just noticed your reply, sorry.

I see.

Unfortunately I ended up paying for at least an extra month of service plus the cease fee. I don't recall receiving a partial refund but I would need to double check when the service ended relative to when it would usually renew. Their cease process seems to be automated, it didn't like it when AAISP put in a cease request on my behalf - who I was migrating to originally but then found I didn't need to as the local ISP's problem resolved itself.

I contacted Cerberus Networks about the second cease request I made and thankfully that hadn't disappeared, it was just 'buried' in some order page. However their ticket response appeared a little unfriendly with them only quoting a reference number and that's it. Something along the lines of "CO123456", just that. No greeting, nothing along the lines of "thank you for contacting us", just that reference number. I don't even recall seeing a signature (e.g. Regards or Sincerely, Abc Xyz). I wasn't aggressive or rude towards them either.

It's unfortunate that this concluded the way it did but that's that I guess ::).
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 11:43:30 AM by Ixel »