Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Huawei HG612 - duplicate settings from one modem to another  (Read 1816 times)

JohnFol

• Just arrived
Huawei HG612 - duplicate settings from one modem to another
« on: November 29, 2022, 01:43:31 PM »

Hi all, I have BT Infinity 2 to the house and previously had broadband via BT but moved provider some time back. Now using an Asus ZenWiFi XT8 as the router, so dug out the old HG612 as I need a modem.

Internet access works, and has done for some time, but the router shows an issue with the modem. I bought the later 3B version (unlocked) and have been able to access it, update firmware, get UI working with spare laptop and info found here : https://kitz.co.uk/routers/hg612unlock.htm#hg612_resources
However it doesn't connect to the internet so I'm trying to access the original HG612 to find out how it is configured. No joy using direct wired to spare laptop (using 192.168.1.1 / 2) or via network (however Asus is is a bit different so it's 192.168.50.x)

So in short, how do I access a HG612 2B to check how it's configured?

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Huawei HG612 - duplicate settings from one modem to another
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2022, 04:25:27 AM »

I'm confused, if Internet works what do you need to check?  Do you mean you have an older model that worked and a new one that doesn't?

The default configuration should "just work", if not then do a factory reset.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2022, 04:13:59 PM »

Have you configured the logon details in the router? The default config on the HG612 just works with no configuring.

If you test using a laptop direct wired to the HG612 you have to set up the logon details in Windows.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

JohnFol

• Just arrived
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2023, 10:49:23 AM »

Thanks both. Will give it a try