Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Bizarrely smooth (so far) port to sipgate!  (Read 2011 times)

displaced

• Reg Member
Bizarrely smooth (so far) port to sipgate!
« on: July 15, 2022, 11:12:10 AM »

Now I’m live with FTTP, I decided that ideally I’d like to keep my Vodafone (originally BT) landline number just to receive the odd call — felt easier than trying to figure out what companies held it and spend time trying to update their records.

So I signed up to sipgate basic and started the porting process.  This involved sending an email to Vodafone to obtain the CUPID code for my line.

So far, everything has gone astonishingly smoothly.  Vodafone replied with the CUPID code within twenty minutes, and sipgate processed the request and submitted a successful porting request within 24hrs of emailing the paperwork!

I’ve got a port date of the 27th (12 days from now), at which point my Vodafone landline and FTTC will cease.

I imagine I’ll then get an early-termination bill, which I can then send to YouFibre who will add that amount as a credit to my account with them.

All in all, despite expecting this to be a nightmare, it’s all gone swimmingly so far.  He says, tempting fate!
YouFibre 1Gbit, OPNsense on Intel N100.  Ubiquiti UAPs.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Bizarrely smooth (so far) port to sipgate!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2022, 01:03:55 PM »

My move to AAISP VoIP also seems smooth, except I found a caveat in the that the NHS Covid short-code number doesn't work,  They're looking into it though, I think it may just be an oversight.

I was pleasantly surprised to see they allow automatic recording of all calls, as one of the huge problems my mum has is forgetting what she was told when a call ends.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors