Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Bridgend Netomnia/Openreach Rollout  (Read 8598 times)

LukeW

Re: Bridgend Netomnia/Openreach Rollout
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2022, 06:26:52 AM »

Good news everyone!
It would appear Openreach is starting its rollout in the local area having updated their website.

Now I suppose the question is how long Openreach will take from 'starting' to finishing!
Still no news on Netomnia at this point.

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2022, 01:20:06 PM »

Good news everyone!
It would appear Openreach is starting its rollout in the local area having updated their website.

Now I suppose the question is how long Openreach will take from 'starting' to finishing!
Still no news on Netomnia at this point.
Says that for my address too. Hurrah.

YouFibre making steady progress - nearly in my street...
AAISP 1000/115 FTTP routed by opnsense on proxmox. Even my WiFi is baller

russo109

« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2022, 04:58:46 PM »

I thought I would give you an update on my order/install with YouFibre. Order placed on the 22/8/22 in Bridgend. Engineer appointment booked in for today 10/10/22. No pre-pull visit as YouFibre were planning to do the cable install and connections in the house the same time today. I did check as I thought they come out up to two weeks before to run the cable to property.  Our house was built in the late 80's so has an old rediffusion wall recess box for the old cable TV and the BT line which enters at the same location at the rear of the house. No visible ducts with all services underground.

GF Telecoms turned up this afternoon (10/10/22), who are YouFibres local contractor. Couldn't find an obvious way to blow the fibre to the property so have raised an order for civils to do further work (timescale unknown) and also the CBT wasn't energized in the BT Duct just outside my property so couldn't have gone live anyway!

In the meantime, Openreach are also running fibre outside the house so may be another option if all fails with YouFibre!

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2022, 10:00:34 PM »

Interesting. Our house is slightly newer, but like yours, all underground.

Be interested to hear further updates.

Cheers

Dwight

• Reg Member
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2022, 08:52:50 PM »

Says that for my address too. Hurrah.

YouFibre making steady progress - nearly in my street...

HI dee.jay
Had an email too, on similar lines. However the customer services on OR when and were believe it won't be for another year! Funny thing is Quinn installed everything at the end of August!
Also if you email build@netomnia.com with your details, they will send you a standard letter and date of when the expect to finish. Mine is Jan23.
Regards.
Dwight

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2022, 11:29:58 PM »

Actually,

I am now working for an AltNet. Believe you me, this all takes a lot of time!

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2022, 01:40:37 PM »

Actually,

I am now working for an AltNet. Believe you me, this all takes a lot of time!

Oh I believe ya, mate - been banging this drum for years about the sheer scale of these physical builds and more importantly, the majority of the work that goes on behind the scenes that 99% of folk will be oblivious too.
I still think releasing ECD's was setting both OR and the CP's up to fail, but it is what it is.

Everyone's a football manager - until it's time to actually manage a team and become accountable  ;) ;D ;D ;D

This is in no way related to dee.jay whatsoever, by the way. Just a general observation on Joe Public.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2022, 02:12:36 PM »

Appreciate I'm in a different location but I got talking to a fibre jointer today who happened to be building a node from the main feed next to our road for Netomnia. He had come all the way from Hull! (I'm in Frome, somerset) to do this job. He seemed to think it will be live shortly which should then allow things to get moving. That's nearly a year from when the build was first talked about for our town. Good to see things are finally moving in the right direction. I assume openreach ducts are used to get to houses as we have no poles as its all underground here..

Had a quick look at the main fibre cable too  :)

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2022, 02:51:46 PM »

Oh I believe ya, mate - been banging this drum for years about the sheer scale of these physical builds and more importantly, the majority of the work that goes on behind the scenes that 99% of folk will be oblivious too.
I still think releasing ECD's was setting both OR and the CP's up to fail, but it is what it is.

Everyone's a football manager - until it's time to actually manage a team and become accountable  ;) ;D ;D ;D

This is in no way related to dee.jay whatsoever, by the way. Just a general observation on Joe Public.

Not at all, it’s bang on! I have a whole new appreciation now haha

Mark07

• Reg Member
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2022, 08:21:35 PM »

Definitely opens your eyes once you see how things work from the other side 😉

russo109

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2022, 10:35:35 AM »

I thought I would give you an update on my order/install with YouFibre. Order placed on the 22/8/22 in Bridgend. Engineer appointment booked in for today 10/10/22. No pre-pull visit as YouFibre were planning to do the cable install and connections in the house the same time today. I did check as I thought they come out up to two weeks before to run the cable to property.  Our house was built in the late 80's so has an old rediffusion wall recess box for the old cable TV and the BT line which enters at the same location at the rear of the house. No visible ducts with all services underground.

GF Telecoms turned up this afternoon (10/10/22), who are YouFibres local contractor. Couldn't find an obvious way to blow the fibre to the property so have raised an order for civils to do further work (timescale unknown) and also the CBT wasn't energized in the BT Duct just outside my property so couldn't have gone live anyway!

In the meantime, Openreach are also running fibre outside the house so may be another option if all fails with YouFibre!

Further update new appointment booked in for the 8th December , I hope they put the new ducts in before that date!

Hi,

I hope you're well.

Our Network Partners have requested us to rebook your installation with a 4 week lead time to allow us to complete the remediation works.

Due to this, I have booked you in for the 8th of December between 1pm & 6pm.  Please view this appointment as the longest it will take. I will continue chasing in the background to get the work completed sooner for you

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2022, 01:48:04 PM »

Whereabouts in Bridgend are you?

Feel free to PM me :)

russo109

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2022, 11:14:31 AM »

Update on my You Fibre/Netomnia install new install booked in for this Thursday 8th December In Bridgend. Still no advance8d civils done which I keep nagging them about but they assure me all in in hand for the install. In the meantime following the Open Reach civil works outside our house a few weeks ago I can now order via their network. EE is offering me 1GB connection for £42 compares with You Fibre £40 but the first 6 months free.

If the install is unsuccessful again then I will cancel the contract and stay with my current provider EE and get the install done via Open reach. I notice EE is not offering a landline option if I go for the fibre - You fibre is offering a landline via VOIP for an extra £3 a month.

Fingers crossed for this week but I'm not optimistic!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 12:16:06 PM by russo109 »

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2022, 12:01:40 PM »

I’m apparently not even through planning for Netomnia here…

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2022, 02:20:04 PM »

You fibre is offering a landline via VOIP for an extra £3 a month.

Bear in mind AAISP sell VoIP for £1.20/month completely independent of your ISP.  They also have really useful things like being able to e-mail recordings of all calls to you automatically, especially useful here as mum immediately forgets anything she was told over the phone.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

anything