Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: AAISP e-mail is very confusing  (Read 2130 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
AAISP e-mail is very confusing
« on: July 08, 2022, 02:37:37 AM »

Thank you for your order to port 0114 xxx xxxx to VoIP. We have submitted your request, but please read the following and reply confirming that you understand the implications.

Please be aware that most VoIP providers are resellers, meaning that there will be a host network behind them hosting your number.  When a reseller is involved it can create difficulties , as the information they have may differ slightly to the information the host network has. This can cause rejections to occur on your request.  It is vital that you speak to your provider if you are unsure of any details regarding your number. Porting may take up to 10 days. Please take time to read the information below:

Single number port fee is £15.00 + VAT; blocks of 5 or more numbers are charged at the cost of porting 5 numbers. Porting rejections are charged at £10.00 + VAT and will require you to contact your provider to gain the correct information. Resubmissions are subject to additional porting fees.

Prior to submitting your port request, you will need to ask your provider if your number is a single line (a number on its own with no associated numbers), or a multi-line (a number that is part of a range or has associated numbers attached to it).  If it is a multi-line then we will need to know the associated numbers and port them along with it.  Once ported you can cease unwanted associated numbers. You would also need to know the registered address of your number.

If you are struggling or unable to get required details from your current provider , we can send a letter of authority, that you will need to complete, to our porting agents. This costs £10 to process and can be used to get details required to submit port, avoiding rejections.

Please note that associated services on the line number, like Broadband, will cease when the port completes.

Any changes or cancellations to your request are subject to additional fees (£10 per change) once your request has been submitted.  If you decide to cancel your request after it has been submitted or after it has been rejected, the porting fees are still applicable.

It seems to be generic with that second paragraph presumably related to if you are porting from an existing VoIP provider?

If they need confirmation to proceed (which it seems not, I got an e-mail from BT already confirming the leave date) why wouldn't they do this during the order process?
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: AAISP e-mail is very confusing
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 08:54:15 AM »

Second paragraph is not about confirmation, it's about OFCOM Emergency Contact details.
Lots of VoIP Resellers leave your emergency contact address as their business address.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 09:03:54 AM »

I was referring to:
Please be aware that most VoIP providers are resellers, meaning that there will be a host network behind them hosting your number.  When a reseller is involved it can create difficulties , as the information they have may differ slightly to the information the host network has. This can cause rejections to occur on your request.  It is vital that you speak to your provider if you are unsure of any details regarding your number. Porting may take up to 10 days.

This seems entirely irrelevant to my order as I'm porting the number from my BT landline.

Even more confusing is:
Please note that associated services on the line number, like Broadband, will cease when the port completes.
Which obviously IS related to physical line services.

Its just confusing as they seem to have mixed information referring to VoIP to VoIP ports alongside POTS to VoIP.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2022, 01:12:48 PM »

Talk to Andrew Hearn and suggest some wording improvements as ‘generic’ is not good, if you can think of a way of handling the various cases better.

aesmith

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 01:39:30 PM »

I think the second paragraph refers to the fact that some providers, not just VoIP providers, don't handle their own inbound services.  To give an example we have some dealings with a company that does lines, calls, data circuits, SIP trunks and hosted telephony.  All billing comes from this company.  However on the inbound side their numbers are routed from Gamma.  So in any port away from them Gamma is the "losing provider" and any port to them Gamma is the gaining provider.