Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Rod / Rope Install Question  (Read 761 times)

Jasonkruys

• Reg Member
Rod / Rope Install Question
« on: July 02, 2022, 06:42:36 PM »

Hi all, after a very slow 2 years of watching fibre being rolled out around me, they are finally getting to my area!

Last week the CBT and Splitter was fitted and wired up in the underground cavity at the end of my drive. Today, whilst I was out someone was roping from the cavity to the ducts at our houses. Got home, and everyone's is done except mine - having looked at our security camera it looks like after a minute or so of jabbing, the operative couldn't get the rod down my duct (where the phone line enters the house).

I checked with a garden stick, and sure enough, annoyingly some rocks and a bit of compacted soil would have stopped it. 10 minutes of effort from me, and some very inventive fishing and hoovering, and it is all clear - to the point I can see the bend in the duct, the cable going round, and my bendy garden stick goes in and round as far as it will go before I run out of length.

Question: how might this initial failure affect my ability to order fibre when it is finally available? Will someone try again to rod when I order (which I am 100% certain will be successful), or does it automatically get more complicated because the system will suggest they might have an issue?

I'm a bit annoyed - had I been here, I could have cleared it and if he was still in the cul-de-sac asked him to try again!  :D

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Rod / Rope Install Question
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 08:05:50 PM »

You won't have any issue when ordering ..... the survey network note (that each premises has to have) will mention the non-fluid duct, but all that will happen is that a 'Step 1' activity will be raised when you place the order, ensuring OR rock up to make it fluid ready for the install.

They'll be happy as Larry, that it can now be roped without any further reactive civils requirement.   

Jasonkruys

• Reg Member
Re: Rod / Rope Install Question
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 08:43:51 PM »

Great, thanks BS. I am so desperate for Fibre I have been checking at least once a day as soon as I saw CBTs popping up. I will literally be ordering the second it becomes available  ;D

anything