Computer Software > Windows 10

Windows 10 - errors when runing Windows Update or opening Microsoft Store

(1/6) > >>

chenks:
i'm at a loss with a Windows 10 (21H2 19044.1288) PC i am working on

Windows Update - keeps reporting with the generic error message "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still doesn't work, make sure you're connected to the Internet" - offers no more info than that. there are no network connectivity issues with the PC

Microsoft Store - the "app" opens but then gives an error saying "try that again, page could not be loaded, please try again later" and code at the bottom 0x80131500

i've tried changing the DNS - made no difference (didn't expect it to though)
disable AV - made no difference.
ran the batch file from here that resets the Windows update services and cache (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/24742-reset-windows-update-windows-10-a.html) - made no difference
manaully cleared the SoftwareDistribution folder - made no difference
ran "sfc /scannow" - made no difference
ran the windows update troublshooter - made no difference
manually checked the services, BITS, Windows Update, Sysmain - all appear to be in the correct state.

anyone any ideas what is going on and a fix ?

Alex Atkin UK:
Honestly, the number of issues with the Windows Store is possibly longer than the Windows source code.

Last time I had an issue, I couldn't update Microsoft Flight Simulator, I uninstalled it and it wouldn't reinstall, it was only when I built a new PC with a fresh install it worked again and I'm dreading the day it breaks as a full reinstall typically seems to be the only fix when it breaks, though I don't think I got the same error as above it was even more useless.

I do love how it tells you to lookup the codes though and 9/10 the page you find has NOTHING on it to help.

chenks:
the fact the both windows update and microsoft store are failing it makes me think there is a system issue somewhere, but so far all the "usual suspects" fixes haven't made any difference.

parkdale:
Have you tried the inplace upgrade?   Just a thought, been here before on my pc.

chenks:

--- Quote from: parkdale on June 23, 2022, 09:56:54 AM ---Have you tried the inplace upgrade?   Just a thought, been here before on my pc.

--- End quote ---

upgrade of what though?
21H2 19044.1288 is already the most up to date version i think?

do you mean just download the mediacreationtool and then run it over the top of the existing installation?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version