Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Superfast Wireless Broadband (Microwave).  (Read 1565 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Superfast Wireless Broadband (Microwave).
« on: June 18, 2022, 12:39:15 PM »

We spent the week in a 16th century farm house in a 400 acre farm near Finchingfield Essex, it was amazing  :).

Looking there internet speed before we went was not good 0.05/0.2  :o

But I did notice on the photos of the property on the holiday home website what looked like a Microwave dish.  :)

Once we unpacked when we got there I logged on to the internet, Did a speed test on my phone (WiFi) 32.6/32.6 10ms ping, jitter 4ms.  :)

Later on I looked into there system, yes it was a microwave dish on the chimney pointing to the church in Finchingfild (about 6 miles away).
Feed came down from the roof to a small box then a RJ45 into a Edimax RG21S router configured as an WiFi access point (That gave very good WiFi coverage though out the 14 rooms of the farm and outside as well).
3 other RJ45 went to the TV's.

The system was installed by
https://countybroadband.co.uk/services/wireless-broadband/
It looks like they cover Essex and Suffolk area's.

It was my first time I had use Microwave Internet connection and was not disappointed, With No FTTP that area yet it a good solution.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.