Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Openreach / Broadband Woes  (Read 4388 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Openreach / Broadband Woes
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2022, 08:56:40 PM »

In my experience , I would humbly suggest 95% of folk are keen to help, Alex.

Of course, it usually hinges on the approach one takes when talking to the individuals, plus, I would always take my laptop to show them various official sites outlining what REIN is and also (of course), the best site on the Net ... Kitz.

Once you'd got their buy-in it would generally transpire that their own circuit was performing poorly so they became almost insistent the REIN sourcing continue in their premises.  ;D ;D.

That's good to hear.  Spending so much time online I start to feel like 95% of people are unreasonable crazy people, nice to have it confirmed they are the vocal minority.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Edinburgh_lad

• Reg Member
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2022, 08:06:57 PM »

Evening All

Thought I'd post here so that those in a similar situation can learn from my mistakes.

Over the past couple of weeks, Openreach have been 'working' on my REIN issue. The reason why the word 'working' is in quotes because effectively, my local Openreach have been doing nothing/very little: a) the 'REIN' engineer I've been in touch with is on holiday, which he told me about personally; and b) there have been neither changes to the connection quality nor Openreach present in the area, supposedly looking for REIN (NB: according to them, it's a localised REIN issue, affecting one pole only, which is close by).

This, however, also means that I can't book another Openreach engineer to even get an update, or to communicate with them. Neither can Plusnet, nor can I, get an update from Plusnet about the job progress because Openreach are not obliged to update the file, even though they've been 'working' on the REIN issue. Finally, there's no date for completion.

I know some will say that REIN is difficult to identify and all that keech. However, in my case, it occurs daily, affects one pole (and so a limited number of users) and from the comments made by some above, with the right equipment, it doesn't seem to be a big deal to at least confirm it's in the area. And as the REIN engineer told me, with the spectrum analyser, they can locate it right away (the issue may be more difficult if you stay in a block of flats, but since there are no flats here, it's dead easy to locate it, he told me).

My prediction is that they'll eventually close the job stating that they can't find the source of REIN. Watch this space.  :cool:

« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 09:34:15 PM by Edinburgh_lad »

Edinburgh_lad

• Reg Member
« Reply #62 on: July 08, 2022, 08:12:35 PM »

That's good to hear.  Spending so much time online I start to feel like 95% of people are unreasonable crazy people, nice to have it confirmed they are the vocal minority.

That's very self-critical of you.

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #63 on: July 08, 2022, 08:22:00 PM »

Evening All

Thought I'd post here so that those in a similar situation can learn from my mistakes.

Over the past couple of weeks, Openreach have been 'working' on my REIN issue. The reason why the word 'working' is in quotes because effectively, my local Openreach have been doing nothing/very little: a) the 'REIN' engineer I've been in touch with is on holiday, which he told me about personally; and b) there have been neither changes to the connection quality nor Openreach present in the area, supposedly looking for REIN (NB: according to them, it's a localised REIN issue, affecting one pole only, which is close by

It’s a pity that every post criticises OR in some way or other. You have had some good advice here, but instead of considering those options, you put up with the problem,it seems so you can constantly complain about some really hardworking guys
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2022, 08:30:12 PM »

This guy is ffn unbelievable, what an utter p****.  :rant: :rant: :rant:

Edinburgh_lad

• Reg Member
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2022, 09:58:56 PM »

Couldn't agree more, @BlackSheep: the whole thing is an utter p****. Plusnet have told me (three separate consultants) that the only time when customers get animated is when Openreach is mentioned. I'm sure there are lots of very conscientious Openreach engineers out there. But, these reviews tell a different story (I'd avoid reading them if you're squeamish or susceptible to having nightmares): https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.openreach.co.uk

PS My comments are only based on my personal experience. The engineers I'm dealing with are very good at changing sockets and telling lies. :cool:

« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 10:09:49 PM by Edinburgh_lad »

g3uiss

• Kitizen
  • You never too old to learn but soon I may be
    • Midas Solutions
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2022, 10:02:17 PM »

And there we go again :no:
Cerebus FTTP 500/70 Draytec 2927 VOXI 4G fallback.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2022, 10:23:16 PM »

This topic is now locked.
  Eric
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

anything