Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I am return to Plusnet  (Read 3733 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
I am return to Plusnet
« on: June 05, 2022, 07:49:09 PM »

I am going back to Plusnet got good deal FTTC 80/20 for line only @ £23 a month (18 months contract) with £100 reward card with free activation fee, free plusnet hub two wireless router. The sales rep offered me this great deal with special url link as these not available on plusnet website.

Activation date due on 20th June  :)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: I am return to Plusnet
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 10:50:42 PM »

I thought you were moving to Home Essentials which is much cheaper?
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 11:03:22 PM »

Sadly my benefits has informed BT I can't have Home Essentials have to move to expensive one or can migration to cheaper one (only paying £3 more than BT Home Essentials)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 11:09:34 PM by adslmax »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 03:00:14 AM »

It really does amaze me how you manage to source out the deals you do.  Usual price is £25.99 for new customers, all credit to you for managing to do so.  I think I need some lessons in bartering skills.   Thing is you are a high maintenance customer too who utilises support much more than the standard user.    You know how the DLM works Max, so no panicking if you do have an odd blip. In your case DLM has usually righted itself again in a few days. 

my benefits has informed BT I can't have Home Essentials

Surprised that you can't, but otoh not.  I'm aware that only certain benefits count.  Just surprised at what group you must be in, especially since you arent a home owner and will be paying rent.  Do you not get free prescriptions either? (assuming you are <60).  Anyhow I've no doubt somewhere like the CAB could advise you better about what benefits you should be on.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 03:41:35 AM »

Hi Kitz

Don't worry once my FTTC 80/20 activated I leave it alone. I am not looking at the stats anymore. As for DLM - the FTTC 80/20 will be new service and DLM will resetted like an open profile for any migration. I will know the FTTC will be sync at 79999/19999 at all times and no more SRA or FRA like my past G.fast (no longer have that and I will never go back to it until FTTP come along and I will have FTTP 80/20.

I don't get free dentist or free prescription. I have to pay.

I will be happy with FTTC as you know I used to be with Plusnet for 7 years as DLM only action twice in that period.

I am on the ESA Support Group Indefinitely and I do pay the rent to the landlord myself as the housing benefit paid direct to my bank.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 03:57:43 AM by adslmax »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2022, 05:51:39 AM »

Unhelpful reply removed.   
There's a point when certain responses become troll-like and serve no purpose other than a personal attack towards another user.

We all know that Max has an obsession with his connection speed and whilst we may inwardly sigh when he reports a change of circumstances, but some of his posts are perfectly justifiable and do not warrant the one line responses directed at him each time he makes a post.  By all means question logic and if he is making a wrong move give your reasons why...  but there is no need to make uncalled for or sarcastic comments without reasonable justification.

It's a known fact that max was expecting to come off g.fast and intending on going back to FTTC.  Those who had been following knew that he was intending to move to BT Essentials.     
So now we've learnt that he doesn't qualify for Essentials from BT....  meaning continuation of a move to BT 40Mbps would cost appx £30 (I haven't checked their prices).
He's managed to negotiate a deal for 80/20 with PN that costs less than the 40/10 from BT.

Seems pretty logical to me. 

This post serves as a warning both ways. 
@Max - leave the stats alone and just enjoy using your broadband connection for something other than speedtests and stats.
and at @others, try making use of the ignore feature.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2022, 06:36:12 AM »

@ Max - your last reply crossed with mine.   It takes me ages to type these days and I had to stop for a while.

Yes it dawned on me that you must be in the support group.... and why I asked about prescriptions as a double check. There are quite a lot of things that you wont automatically qualify for, which most other people think you will.  If I'd known you were in the support group I would have told you months ago that you cant get Essentials.  :/

You seem to have got yourself a god deal with PN.  I hope it all works out well for you. Some of us though are concerned about you reaction to DLM. 
I used to be able to get 80/20, but Im currently capped at 60 and have been for ages.   I should really chase it up, but in all honesty the cap makes no difference to what I can and cant do ... and its not something I notice as it has no effect on what I use my connection for.   If anything it g.inp high that I notice more than the cap, but I really cba with the hassle of Openreach engineers etc so its low down on my list of priorities.

You've been through a bit of a bumpy ride with g.fast,  I'm hoping that going back to standard vdsl will enable you to worry less about your speeds....  and that ftth will eventually arrive at Cuckoo Oak.   Mind you when it does then there will no doubt be a price rise.   I'll be watching with interest how much you manage to get that for :D

[Moderator edited: Typo fix.]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 08:40:35 PM by burakkucat »
-----

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2022, 08:27:44 PM »

Hi Kitz just PM u.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2022, 09:46:17 AM »

Updated:

I am now with SoGEA FTTC 80/20 with UnchainedISP didn't go with Plusnet. Happy with my service so far. Glad to go back with FTTC with no line rental or phone number anymore. Just GEA Broadband only. Just one off checking DSLStats to ensure everything went ok with activated yesterday. SoGEA FTTC 80/20 with BTwholesale carrier (12 months contract).

Code: [Select]
Stats recorded 24 Jun 2022 09:43:31

DSLAM type / SW version: BDCM:0xc190 (193.144) / v0xc190
Modem/router firmware:  AnnexA version - A2pvfbH043q.d26u
DSL mode:                VDSL2 Profile 17a
Uptime:                  1 day 1 hour 36 min 18 sec
Resyncs:                0 (since 24 Jun 2022 08:50:00)

Downstream Upstream
Line attenuation (dB):  12.2 0.0
Signal attenuation (dB): Not available on VDSL2
Connection speed (kbps): 79999 20000
SNR margin (dB):        7.8 10.1
Power (dBm):            12.5 -0.2
Interleave depth:        16 1
INP:                    48.00 0
G.INP:                  Enabled Not enabled
Vectoring status:        5 (VECT_UNCONFIGURED)

RSCorr/RS (%):          0.0000 0.0000
RSUnCorr/RS (%):        0.0000 0.0000
ES/hour:                0 0

Code: [Select]
xdslctl info --stats
xdslctl: ADSL driver and PHY status
Last Retrain Reason:    200000
Last initialization procedure status:   0
Max:    Upstream rate = 27720 Kbps, Downstream rate = 89944 Kbps
Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 20000 Kbps, Downstream rate = 79999 Kbps
Bearer: 1, Upstream rate = 0 Kbps, Downstream rate = 0 Kbps
Link Power State:       L0
Mode:                   VDSL2 Annex B
VDSL2 Profile:          Profile 17a
TPS-TC:                 PTM Mode(0x0)
Trellis:                U:ON /D:ON
Line Status:            No Defect
Training Status:        Showtime
                Down            Up
SNR (dB):        7.8             10.1
Attn(dB):        12.2            0.0
Pwr(dBm):        12.5           -0.2
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 09:50:48 AM by adslmax »

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2022, 12:22:22 PM »

That's a clean line  ;)

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2022, 12:45:53 PM »

That's a clean line  ;)

Yep indeed. I am glad to have FTTC back  ;D I just now sit back and enjoy all the Netflix, NowTV, You tube and pc. No need stats now as it will stay as 80/20 for many years to come. Keith told me after 12 months contract, revert to rolling on monthly contract with same monthly fee.  ;)

Iain

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2022, 05:03:56 PM »

Which router are you using?

My Netgear D7000 did not survive a local lightening strike, and my hasty replacement a TP Link VR600 does not do detailed stats!

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2022, 05:06:35 PM »

I am using Zyxel XMG3927-B50A Gfast / VDSL2 wireless router
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 09:38:25 PM by adslmax »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2022, 06:23:08 AM »

Am happy for you Max I think you made the right decision.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 06:27:23 AM by Chrysalis »

dee.jay

• ISP Rep
  • Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2022, 12:41:41 PM »

Excellent stats.

Well done
Starlink and AAISP L2TP combo routed by opnSense on proxmox
Pages: [1] 2

anything