Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Exascale Full Fibre Planning  (Read 4264 times)

adslmax

• Kitizen
Exascale Full Fibre Planning
« on: May 28, 2022, 04:55:33 PM »

The CEO of Exascale has informed me that next planning for full fibre roll out within the next 3-5 years will be the whole of Telford, Walsall, Dudley, Stafford and South Staffordshire.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
Re: Exascale Full Fibre Planning
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2022, 09:54:39 PM »

Good news max :) Just the waiting game now I guess.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2022, 11:22:12 PM »

Yes it good news but it a long way to wait thought  But it good to know that they will cover all over Telford. The Exascale will bring in both downstream and upstream same speed.

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 12:25:56 PM »

FYI:

Quote from: Thomas Bibb
In recent weeks the Exascale team have deployed many kilometres of subduct creating a brand new dark fibre spine deep into Rural Telford, creating xPON access networks and giving businesses access to high bandwidth SLA guaranteed services such as Point to Point Ethernet, Wavelengths and Dark Fibre.

We've worked with the rural communities to ensure a near 60% penetration rate across projects. Ensuring our deployments are financially viable and profitable.

Starting in the rural parts of Telford and working back in.
YouFibre You8000 customer: symmetrical 8 Gbps.

Yes, more money than sense. Story of my life.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 04:37:51 PM »

Yeah but it won't be in the cuckoo oak area sadly. Not gonna to happen

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2022, 10:24:08 PM »

Honestly I'm still curious how the CityFibre "whole cities" will work too.  I seriously have my doubts they will cover the rural areas, but I guess technically they can claim they are outside the city, merely in the district.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2022, 06:44:02 AM »

If you mean county areas, in my city they are covering suburbs under the county LA.

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2022, 08:52:06 AM »

Yeah but it won't be in the cuckoo oak area sadly. Not gonna to happen

FTTP will be everywhere one day - it's a question of when, not if. Some just have to wait longer than others.
AAISP 1000/115 FTTP routed by opnsense on proxmox. Even my WiFi is baller

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2022, 09:31:57 AM »

Honestly I'm still curious how the CityFibre "whole cities" will work too.  I seriously have my doubts they will cover the rural areas, but I guess technically they can claim they are outside the city, merely in the district.

Seems to depend on the financials as you'd expect. Where it's a rural area that's in between two of their existing builds it makes much more sense: they want to link their networks together so why not connect neighbouring properties while they do.

Compact villages can come in at a pretty low cost per premises once you actually get there.

I was going to refer to the local builds here but there aren't really any 'rural' areas that are under build. As there aren't really any rural areas in between the urban ones just areas with lower population density and the odd motorway bridge.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2022, 11:48:39 AM »

FTTP will be everywhere one day - it's a question of when, not if. Some just have to wait longer than others.

I believe my area isn't rural area, more likely urban area

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2022, 12:18:39 PM »

Starting in the rural parts of Telford and working back in.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2022, 12:21:25 PM »

I am bit surprised my area could be Hyperoptic Full Fibre as I put my post code and door number I get this coming back saying building progress!

XGS_Is_On

• Reg Member
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2022, 01:55:49 PM »

I'm sorry but there's very little chance your area is getting built by Hyperoptic. You're wasting your time using that checker unless you live in an apartment building or a home next to an apartment building.

Any area 'could' be built to by Hyperoptic but a random street like yours has even less chance of it happening than one like mine. That checker says they're looking at your 'building', you aren't in a 'building' as they see them, but haven't surveyed it. I suspect you've registered interest with them, possibly multiple times, and they haven't done a desktop survey yet. As soon as they do and realise you aren't in an MDU/apartment block/flats you're outta there.

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2022, 01:59:17 PM »

Ah that's disappointed then. Because their social tariff are very good bargain at £20 a month for 150/150 full fibre.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2022, 10:32:21 AM »

Realistically we never getting 100% coverage as is the case of the countries who rolled it out years ago.  The rural areas that dont get FTTP I assume will be considered ok providing they got some kind of alternate service that can deliver at least 100mbit/sec downstream probably via wireless. Urban not so sure as all political focus is on rural areas. Wayleave properties likely left behind as well as no one wants to step in with a definitive solution to combat (bypass) awkward owners.

FTTC never hit 100% either for the same reasons, even city areas have segments that are ADSL only (no cable or FTTC/FTTP) including my city.

So those not in plans I think are right to be concerned.  Even those planned but with a very late date are at risk as in most telecom rollouts the purse tends to get tightened towards the end.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 10:37:21 AM by Chrysalis »
Pages: [1] 2