Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Plusnet to Launch FTTP Soon  (Read 7208 times)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Plusnet to Launch FTTP Soon
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2022, 07:01:59 AM »

I have seen the price for full fibre from Plusnet. All must come with 24 months contract might put off customers of signing up. I am sure other ISPs are much cheaper than that with standard 12 months contract.

They're taking a hit on the installation fee so understandable that there are minimum contracts.  From Openreach based ISPs. I've not seen better deals so far.  The alt-nets can offer better deals as they don't have anti-competitive rules to prevent them.  If Openreach were left to their own devices they'd just price everyone out of the market.

The only puzzling thing is that Talk Talk offer 900 for I think around £50 (their checker is broken right now so cannot confirm) which you'd think Plusnet would want to compete with.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

GigabitEthernet

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2022, 09:57:31 AM »

They're taking a hit on the installation fee so understandable that there are minimum contracts.  From Openreach based ISPs. I've not seen better deals so far.  The alt-nets can offer better deals as they don't have anti-competitive rules to prevent them.  If Openreach were left to their own devices they'd just price everyone out of the market.

The only puzzling thing is that Talk Talk offer 900 for I think around £50 (their checker is broken right now so cannot confirm) which you'd think Plusnet would want to compete with.

And TalkTalk will discount their packages, you can get £500 for closer to £35

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2022, 02:00:59 PM »

Vodafone appear to let you keep your landline + no upfront costs. 
I'm an existing Vodafone customer so there is a discount included.  I think it means normally £25 but discounted to £23 if I tie it in with my mobile.

Code: [Select]
Great news - you can get Vodafone Full Fibre Broadband

at x, xxxxxxx, xxxxxx, xx##xx
Keep my landline number 012########

Now only £25
Superfast 100

Includes
Intelligent WiFi Hub
Vodafone Together - existing mobile customer discount applied

£0  upfront
£23  a month*
Usually £36 a month

Speed to your WiFi hub
Minimum guarantee 50 Mbps

Download speed 100 Mbps
Upload speed 18 Mbps

Please note – your monthly price will increase after 24 months, when your in-contract discount expires.

I can't seem to find any more info about retaining your landline.  Bearing in mind I have a Tunstall alarm modem that runs over the [copper] landline. 

« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 02:03:59 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2022, 11:41:17 PM »

Kitz - that's a good price vodafone full fibre 100 for £25 a month and keep your landline number and line for your Tunstall alarm modem. I think it Vodafone 100 in both down and up if I am correct? As They probably using cityfibre. Good luck with your FTTP.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2022, 01:17:39 AM »

It says 100 down 18 up.

We have no city fibre.  Just Openreach.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

adslmax

• Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2022, 12:03:11 PM »

It says 100 down 18 up.

We have no city fibre.  Just Openreach.

That's a great bonus up from FTTC 76/18 to FTTP 100/18 - better than nothing!  ;D

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2022, 12:21:54 PM »

That's a great bonus up from FTTC 76/18 to FTTP 100/18 - better than nothing!  ;D

Its a bit tight though, I had 100/30 on Digital Region over VDSL.  The only reason OR was limited to 76/18 was a technical one to minimise crosstalk.

Still it could be worse, with Virgin doing 50/5 for £38, 108/10 for £44, 213/20 for £50, 362/36 for £56, 1130/52 for £60, its downright insane pricing there.

IMO FTTP should have a base package of 100/20 across all ISPs, its good enough for most people I'd expect and you can't get the price low enough for slower to be worth it.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything