Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Testing the ZTE MF286d  (Read 8238 times)

johnson

• Reg Member
Re: Testing the ZTE MF286d
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2022, 11:47:10 PM »

Did you manage to successfully update?

Unfortunately not. I had a go following the instructions in the mega link but the AT commands to update would always fail. Not surprising really as it seems to verify you are on the correct vendor and version of the firmware before flashing, so the supplied Telia OTA updates were not likely to be compatible with the Three branded stuff on my device.

From reading the eko.one forums the path to a fully updated mini-PCIe card seems to be flashing the whole modem with Telia or Elsia ISP firmware using what they refer to (or google translate does) as the 'framework', which I think is one of those 500+MB mega packages with windows binaries in, then incrementally pushing updates that have been extracted from ZTE OTA updates, there is this python script for pulling the 'delta' updates using a random IMEI:
https://gist.github.com/Leo-PL/051a0b2ba26c3495afa47746e4a809cd

But I cant get it to find any Three related ones.

I dont have a link but some other discussion on that forum led me to believe that setting a locked cell didn't always allow for carrier aggregation, or that it may be dependant on network provider. This coupled with moving the device to a different location that gets roughly 10mpbs upload on band 1 has removed motivation for trying to get the modem updated.

Would still like to put Openwrt on it, but as you say, in bridge mode it just works.

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2022, 08:52:12 PM »

EE speedtest

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2022, 10:11:40 PM »

https://gist.github.com/Leo-PL/051a0b2ba26c3495afa47746e4a809cd

Thanks for the above, I see Orange Poland has b12

« Last Edit: September 18, 2022, 11:54:18 AM by meritez »

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2022, 11:24:31 AM »

B11 modem firmware enables Volte
B12 enables upload Carrier aggregation.

cancunia

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2022, 12:46:52 PM »

I meant its £29 upfront for the modem with a £30 a month single month contract, so £59 for the modem and a months unlimited data to test Threes network, well thats the way I’d view it.

I was thinking about the one month contract and getting it delivered to a friend with Three 4G coverage as there's none available at my home but  looking on the Three website, looks like it's now only available on a 2yr contract?
Pages: 1 [2]

anything