Broadband Related > Broadband Hardware

Fritzbox 7590 AX not talking to DSL

(1/5) > >>

srt:
Hi,
I have the above new router which I wanted to replace my older 7530 with  as an extender (mesh). Unfortunately after a nightmare attempting to get into the user interface which was all in German,I’m not, I finally managed it and as far as I can tell I’ve set it up with my Zen settings but after several attempts it just would not connect to the internet even with Zens tireless efforts over the phone it was felt to be incompatible to U.K. broadband and that I should return the 7590 AX  :(. I still feel this is wrong as it recognises all my other hardware in its user interface and that there must be a solution but just what I don’t know. I’ve sent AVM a tech request for advice but just wondered if anyone here might have an idea.

burakkucat:
Hmm . . . A long shot but as you say "the user interface which was all in German", wonder if you have a device for xDSL over ISDN -- which will never connect -- instead of xDSL over POTS?

What size is the xDSL socket on 7590AX? Is it 8P2C or 6P2C? (RJ45 or RJ11 in size?)  :-\

tubaman:

--- Quote from: burakkucat on May 13, 2022, 07:44:25 PM ---...wonder if you have a device for xDSL over ISDN -- which will never connect -- instead of xDSL over POTS?

What size is the xDSL socket on 7590AX? Is it 8P2C or 6P2C? (RJ45 or RJ11 in size?)  :-\

--- End quote ---

My thoughts too.
The socket type may not be a reliable indicator though as Fritz do use an RJ45 type for UK DSL on some models.

burakkucat:

--- Quote from: tubaman on May 14, 2022, 11:41:34 AM ---The socket type may not be a reliable indicator though as Fritz do use an RJ45 type for UK DSL on some models.

--- End quote ---

Ah, I wasn't aware of that fact.

srt:
Thanks for your inputs.
Just to clarify a bit. I managed to get the user interface operating in English but tbh I am pretty much at a loss as to the type of socket size but the cable I used for the 7530 which I am still using will not work with the 5790.
The 5790 came with a TAE connector on one end ( for phone) and a regular one for the face plate. It also has a black converter similar looking to a filter which the TAE end connects to and then it plugs into the DSL port on the 5790 but I still get no internet handshake However that cable set up will work ok with the 7530 ???
I still await a reply from AVM Fritzbox but surely their routers are able to work in the U.K. as my older 7530 supplied by Zen does? Incidentally I understand the 7590 does not utilise ISDN so not sure if that helps?

[Moderator edited to correct a typo in the last line: 5790 ---> 7590]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version