Broadband Related > Broadband Hardware

new vigor 2866ax snr change

(1/2) > >>

ste91:
Does anyone know if draytek have stopped allowing snr tweaking on the newer models or is it just a firmware bug?

On my old 2820, I was able to sucessfully lower my snr down to 3db from 6, using the vdsl snr -30 command for a higher sync speed. It does not work on my new 2866ax, I can set at -30 but the snr will stay the same (6db) and no change in sync. 

***edit*** I have tried the lastest firmware from draytek site with no luck, it is still behaving the same! One other thing I have noticed, when I set 'vdsl snr -30' it will resync ok (albeit still with dlm target of 6db), but then if I were to change back using vdsl snr 0, it will not sync again until I reboot the device.

Edinburgh_lad:
I believe SNR tweaking also depends on whether your DSLAM will allow it like type of profile and condition of the line, but I may be wrong.

For the new SNR value to stay on Drayteks, you also need to 'save' it.

You'll find the following guide helpful: https://www.draytek.com/support/knowledge-base/4800

The command to 'save' the new settings is 'VDSL Savecfg'; otherwise, a reboot will reverse settings back to how they were.

g3uiss:
Nothing to do with the DSLAM

ste91:
Unless something has changed with the newer models and does need a save command now, on my 2820 I never needed to use vdsl_savecfg' after changing the setting. Would just say 'snr update successful restarting modem....' (same as in that link) then resync at the desired snr without needing to reboot the device.

Edinburgh_lad:
It'll work without 'savecfg' and the settings will be updated.

However, this command saves the configuration to the flash memory, so if you don't 'savecfg', your settings will be reverted/lost after the next reboot.

@g3uiss I've read somewhere that some don't allow SNR changes, so good to know this is incorrect.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version