Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Amazon Problem.  (Read 2404 times)

Peter

• Reg Member
  • My Country needed me????
Amazon Problem.
« on: May 12, 2022, 04:53:11 PM »

Hi,
I've been trying to make a purchase on Amazon UK today and getting a 'Card needs verification message, (on a  valid debit card and a valid credit card. call your bank, bank says card fine, and I used it twice for a cash withdrawal then for a supermarket purchase all fine.  I cannot find a way to talk to Amazon as all the tick boxes are just about useless, has anyone any ideas please?

I would use the high street stores if there was one.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
Re: Amazon Problem.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2022, 05:10:09 PM »

Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Peter

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2022, 08:08:53 PM »

hi Alex, yes I have but just about useless I'm sorry to say non of the tick boxes get to what I want, customer service just connects me to the banking system.

digbey

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2022, 09:41:38 PM »

If you haven't seen this already, it might prove helpful.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GVVYMGYFHWPU7MFD

parkdale

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2022, 09:59:06 AM »

This looks like another excuse to have a mobile phone number on your banking details... because without it you get no Card needs verification notification. :-X
Vodafone FTTC ECI cab 40/10Mb connection / Fritz!box7590

Peter

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2022, 11:29:41 AM »

good morning all, sorry I didn't get back to you on this been a bit busy, the kit I wanted has been delivered by the seller after I phoned them for help, so I cancelled mty amazon order and bought direct, thanks again fols for your kind helpful replies.
Regads,
Peter B

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2022, 05:57:28 PM »

Are these cards from your bank or say Barclaycard ?
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Peter

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2022, 08:35:36 PM »

Are these cards from your bank or say Barclaycard ?

Yes perfectly legitimate debit cards.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2022, 09:54:51 AM »

Yes perfectly legitimate debit cards.
I am not saying they are not.

There used to be for my card 'Barclaycard Secure' but looking on line says...

Barclaycard Secure has been replaced by Visa Secure and Mastercard Identity Check. Visa Secure helps to protect you from fraud when you're shopping online. Anything you buy online goes through this extra layer of security.

You have to be registered with them and when you make an any on-line purchase with my Barclaycard Visa it automatically goes through to the card checking site, depends how they have set it up for you, you may have to interact with that site.

It's Not an Amazon problem.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

Peter

• Reg Member
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2022, 10:58:16 AM »

Tickmike.

The cards are Halifax Visa debit, but the problem was the bank was not receiving a request to verify them.
During all this I made another purchase from Amazon that went through without any problem.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2022, 02:36:29 AM »

That could make sense if the other purchases were less in value?  Extra verification kicks in over a certain transaction amount.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

dee.jay

• Helpful
  • Reg Member
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2022, 10:21:26 AM »

I've had a similar problem with my HSBC debit card - I have been unable to make virtually ANY online payment with the thing for the past few weeks.

I complained to HSBC and they say it's due to new VISA security requirements (?) and they told me that it's down to the websites/vendors to make it work. I can however use my other accounts from another bank without any issue. So as their debit card is now useless to me, I decided after 20+ years to switch banks. Sod them.
AAISP 1000/115 FTTP routed by opnsense on proxmox. Even my WiFi is baller

vic0239

• Reg Member
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2022, 10:37:25 AM »

Back in 2019 I had a similar issue with a Halifax Mastercard. Every time I used it to make a purchase on Amazon it was declined, but accepted everywhere else. Each time I contacted the bank and the transaction was cleared, but as it happened so often I made a formal complaint. Further investigation revealed that the card number was on some list of fraudulent transactions, only with Amazon and in Japan! A new card solved the problem.
Lothian Broadband 900/900 + AAISP VDSL, Vigor2865Vac, MikroTik rb260gsp, ZyXel NWA50AX WiFi AP.

anything