Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: FTTP Rollout on estate in Newark  (Read 5181 times)

nick9one1

Re: FTTP Rollout on estate in Newark
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2022, 09:22:17 AM »

Do you know about this checker.
Remember it's WBC FTTP Not FTTPoD.

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

I didnt know about that one.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2022, 02:00:53 PM »

Thanks for explaining that.

The Openreach checker was for one of my neighbours.
My road has about 40 houses the openreach checker shows FTTP is available for only 2 houses - 17 and 11

The PON has been put through commission for a total of 41 premises,  made up from a combination of addresses on Syerston Way, Autumn Croft Rd, Normanton Rd and Blackbrook Rd.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, some of the small numbered addresses on Blackbrook don't appear to be within this PON's elipse zone (ie: not part of the actual PON). Plus 4 premises on Autumn Croft Rd.

nick9one1

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2022, 03:19:01 PM »

The PON has been put through commission for a total of 41 premises,  made up from a combination of addresses on Syerston Way, Autumn Croft Rd, Normanton Rd and Blackbrook Rd.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, some of the small numbered addresses on Blackbrook don't appear to be within this PON's elipse zone (ie: not part of the actual PON). Plus 4 premises on Autumn Croft Rd.

thanks Black Sheep.

I contacted Clive this morning on the email address you provided and someone has already got back to me from the 'Infrastructure Solutions Executive Level Complaints Team'.

He explained how the rollout was based on nodes, and that numbers 11, 32 and  33 Blackbrook Road are connected the the node on Normanton Road, which is why FTTP is available there but no other properties.
He's unsure why the rest of Blackbrook road isn't available yet, but has organised a meeting with the area project manager to find out what is happening.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2022, 04:11:45 PM »

Great result from Clive's office, as always ... hope for good things to come from it, mate.

My thoughts are that they could link the unsurveyed premises to either of the 2 x PON's that sit on each side of them. There is capacity at both splitters.

From a desk-top survey point of view, it looks like childs play regarding duct hook-ups, but reality may be different with collapsed ducts, blockages etc .... either way, I'd remain positive if I were you. Most queries of this nature are generally complex in nature and costing.  :)

nick9one1

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2022, 06:44:45 PM »

I forgot to update this;

Unfortunately I didn't make any progress with Clive's office.

Speed of reply was excellent. After initially speaking to the team, they went away to investigate and came back with their findings in less than a week.
They said something along the lines of the splitter nodes not having capacity to cover the whole estate.
The soonest for the remaining houses would be 2026. 

nick9one1

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2023, 02:59:52 PM »

I've seen lots of openreach activity on the road over the past couple of weeks. Multiple vans at once, maybe 15 visits in total as well as lastmilefibre.co.uk.
Are you able to check to see if anything has changed since you posted the above?

nick9one1

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2023, 03:00:12 PM »

I've seen lots of openreach activity on the road over the past couple of weeks. Multiple vans at once, maybe 15 visits in total as well as lastmilefibre.co.uk.
Are you able to check to see if anything has changed since you posted the above?

My FTTP install process is still -- on the btwholesale checker, but I think there are a number of properties that have changed to 'KCI2 Assure'. I've made a rudimentary map so I can track any changes, Unfortunately I didn't do this before, so I have nothing to compare against. There doesn't seem to be any indication when a status  changes on the wholesale checker either.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 03:04:33 PM by nick9one1 »
Pages: 1 [2]

anything