Broadband Related > Voice over IP (VoIP)

Can VOIP calls also go to your mobile simultaneously?

(1/3) > >>

AnthonyG:
This might be beyond the realms of possibility. But it just seems like it could be do-able due to the technology.

But I am soon going to be going to VOIP for my landline, using Sipgate. I was wanting to know. Is there anyway that when someone telephones the landline. If the call can also automatically go to a mobile phone too. This means if I am not in the house I will still get the call and not miss it.

I would presume a simple VOIP android app might allow you to do that?

EC300:

--- Quote from: AnthonyG on May 05, 2022, 01:19:16 PM ---This might be beyond the realms of possibility. But it just seems like it could be do-able due to the technology.

But I am soon going to be going to VOIP for my landline, using Sipgate. I was wanting to know. Is there anyway that when someone telephones the landline. If the call can also automatically go to a mobile phone too. This means if I am not in the house I will still get the call and not miss it.

I would presume a simple VOIP android app might allow you to do that?

--- End quote ---

Two options I think.  If you have a VoIP app on your mobile, then it will ring at the same time as any other phones you have logged in.

Another option is you can set up forwarding, so if un-answered it will then forward the call to your mobile, although you will pay the normal rate for making a call then to cover the cost of them forwarding the call onto you.

vic0239:
Perfectly feasible. I use Acrobits Softphone on my iPhone and it works perfectly with my Sipgate account. Works over WiFi or a mobile data connection. I'm using the free version as my usage is infrequent, but I think there is a paid version if you need more features etc.

Weaver:
I do this with my Andrews and Arnold VOIP service. It redirects to my wife’s mobile phone. Controllable in the AA website.

jelv:
https://www.sipgatebasic.co.uk/tour

Bottom of the page:

--- Quote ---Can I use sipgate with more than one phone?

Yes! With your free sipgate basic phone number you can be reached on more than one phone at the same time.

When your sipgate phone number is called, all of your connected phones will ring in parallel.

After answering or making a call, your remaining phones can be used to simultaneously make and receive further calls.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version