Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: cityfibre no longer planned at my address  (Read 11182 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: cityfibre no longer planned at my address
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2022, 02:57:23 AM »

I was just kinda surprised it said it needed permission, given OR had just done those properties.  Have they even applied?

Cityfibre have decided to not risk the wrath of landlords it seems, from what I can observe they dont care if a house is rented, but any property with flat in the name their system has marked as needing a wayleave agreement.

What their staff on the phone told me, is they will still build out, but its the actual install in the home that wont be allowed until the agreement is signed by the freehold owner.  So this is also a problem for leasehold owned flats.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2022, 08:16:25 AM »

Its just interesting as looking at OR roadworks, they seem to have been focusing a lot on multi-dwelling council properties round here, presumably as those weren't originally ducted.  Although for these particular mainsonettes they didn't show on roadworks at all, presumably as the work was entirely on the footpath and grass up to the building.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2022, 11:05:22 AM »

Well council estates will be far less a problem, as really they only need to negotiate with one landlord, once agreement is reached there will probably be approval for every single property under that council.  There is various news articles showcasing agreements between cityfibre and councils as well as housing associations.

The problem seems to be largely around private owned leasehold/rented properties owners not responding.  Someone mentioned on TBB there is proposals for a law change that if there is no response from the owner within a time limit, then authority passes on to the legal occupier.

I am not sure if openreach are bothering with wayleave agreements to the same harshness.  Also councils may well be subsidising rollouts within their area.

There is a street not far from me, where every single property is flats, guess what, its not in the cityfibre rollout.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 11:12:53 AM by Chrysalis »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2022, 11:31:01 AM »

Nice, wayleave approval no longer needed, they accepted I am not in a HMO.  So seems they are willing to adjust when proof is shown.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2022, 04:55:04 PM »

Grain have planning application for streets across road from me in August (not my road), hopefully this will speed cityfibre up.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2022, 01:16:30 PM »

I dont know if this progress, I hope it is.

Got an email, saying my home is now included in their rollout and its the start of my cityfirbe journey which seems odd considering its been on their checker for about 2 years.

I checked their checker (not bidb), hoping it would say we are building in your area, but it now actually just says.

We're coming to your area, but we're not there yet. Leave your details and we'll be in touch when we're close.

In terms of roadworks there is currently steets around me getting a second set of roadworks according to the one network.  These are happening during July.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2022, 07:30:26 PM »

I really wish I could have waited for CityFibre as the faster upload would be a nice to have, but not seeing any progress from them round here yet.

Funny thing is the contractor running the OR fibre to my DP was singing the praises of how OR have better equipment (I presume he has done both).
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2022, 02:32:46 PM »

Got an email from one network stating they removing public access to forward planning roadworks, no idea if this will affect BIDB, I will contact the author and ask.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2022, 02:36:48 PM »

Got an email from one network stating they removing public access to forward planning roadworks, no idea if this will affect BIDB, I will contact the author and ask.

I don't think so, they said its specifically removed for the none-business service, BIDB will surely be paying as a business for the raw data feed already.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2022, 03:10:48 PM »

I don't think so, they said its specifically removed for the none-business service, BIDB will surely be paying as a business for the raw data feed already.

Yes if they a business account they will be fine, if you already know that then I guess its good. :)

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2022, 04:49:54 PM »

Yes if they a business account they will be fine, if you already know that then I guess its good. :)

I don't think they could get access to their data otherwise, feel free to correct me if they respond otherwise.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2022, 02:11:08 PM »

I didnt bother contacting after you replied, what you said makes sense.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2022, 04:53:47 PM »

More roadworks coming and going around me, the latest been 28 August.

I looked again at some areas the other side of the city which had roadworks completed 9 months ago now and counting and still not activated, there is also a block of streets which have parts of their streets dug up with no work men for over 4 months still marked as ongoing roadworks.  So CF areas activated still hasnt expanded in the city for several months.

The planned roadworks on my street have come and gone but there was no actual workers here.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2022, 03:49:05 PM »

Bad news for me, no reason given, but minimum 9 months, best response I could get from CF.

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2022, 08:44:14 PM »

I've noticed that CF seems to be moving a lot slower than I imagined.

But then I probably underestimated the scale of the mission they are on.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5