Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: cityfibre no longer planned at my address  (Read 11629 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
Re: cityfibre no longer planned at my address
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2023, 02:34:04 PM »

For my actual address, I am having to hope the wayleave manager will let it go as he promised (Once I told him I dont live in a HMO).  As the checker still gives me the wayleave.

The above is from my neighbour.

Yeah the CF isp options havent had a good time lately, with few firms hitting financial issue, and giganet's problems as well.  So AAISP may well be my destination, assuming thats the best that show up when CF's core network is unlocked.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 02:36:18 PM by Chrysalis »

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2023, 03:30:23 PM »

Oh it gets better, go to Cityfibre address checker, yes I can get cityfibre but my neighbour in Apartment 1 cant...
Go through and Vodafone only offer me Openreach FTTP options.

Stuff is really broken, happy to wait.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2023, 08:25:32 AM »

Now changed to

"Great news! CityFibre is here…
We'll soon be able to provide you with a range of service providers to choose from. Enter your details below and we'll be in touch shortly when you can connect. Plus, you'll also be entered into our Prize Draw for a chance to win a £5,000 online shopping spree. "

What's funny is they have my details and they have not emailed me a single automated update.  Is it a long process before they can list ISPs?  I think if CF were more organised they would be perhaps having ISPs available synchronised with the area activation.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2023, 10:17:16 AM »

Its not like Openreach are fast at letting you know either. I think I had my Zen connection about a month before they told me the service was available.  Sky was extremely quick off the ball, thus I think a lot of customers have Sky FTTP round here.  Though I guess ultimately Openreach wont care who you go with.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2023, 08:01:59 AM »

I have asked AAISP to see if its marked as available for them, if I remember right L2TP is inclusive on a broadband account with AAISP.

So if they say it can be ordered, I think I will until the end of my VM contract get the 160mbit 1TB service online, can try out CF on this and see reliability, L2TP will also remain avilable for VM should I need it, so thats a net £27 which is only barely £7 more than the days I was paying AAISP for VDSL, and I will have 1gig VM alongside 160meg AA.

Then if all seems good, when my VM contract ends, bump the CF to gigabit and cancel VM next April.  This I will do 1-2 months prior to end of VM so I can make sure performance is ok before cancelling.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 08:04:28 AM by Chrysalis »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2023, 05:59:28 PM »

They seem to be deliberately vague, I will probably email them again, as "soon" in CF speak might mean 1 day it might mean 6 months.

I think they really need to get a grip on being more transparent, they should be able to give an estimate on the last part of the process on their check if they have any kind of organisation in their rollout.

Some people apparently dont have this step at all, so again hard to see how what the wait time might be.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2023, 06:23:30 PM »

City fibre have put all their kit on a relatives telegraph pole some months ago but they just won't commit any date for it going live. It's annoying as she is out of fttc contract and we would like to order but no joy on when we can...

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2023, 08:27:06 PM »

City fibre have put all their kit on a relatives telegraph pole some months ago but they just won't commit any date for it going live. It's annoying as she is out of fttc contract and we would like to order but no joy on when we can...

Mine was over 12 months from works on my street to it going green, they can be really slow compared to OR, and OR do usually give an estimated quarter as well.

Circa 2 years and half from "we building in your area" to going green.

Can probably find posts from me here in 2021, reporting Zen telling me its going live soon.

This must be contributing to their low take up, customers get told its all happening, then nothing happens so they sign up elsewhere.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 08:29:22 PM by Chrysalis »

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2023, 08:53:30 AM »

CF is now live for me.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2023, 05:53:35 AM »

Hmm so even when they activate you not even got full choice immediately.  I am guessing aaisp would be via the core network.  Given it took them so long to get the local part done, not sure how they fail to get the ISP side connected in the mean time.

I am going to email (again) anyway tomorrow, and see if they can give me any new kind of timeline.  I have seen now on bidb though that my quarter of the city is indeed the last to be activated so was unlucky.

Also interesting they giving you a date, I just have "soon".
« Last Edit: July 23, 2023, 05:55:53 AM by Chrysalis »

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2023, 10:58:50 AM »

They have preferential partners, I kicked off with a few core network partners and it was meant to be August for anyone.

Jax

• Just arrived
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2023, 02:00:31 PM »

Hmm so even when they activate you not even got full choice immediately.

Yes, it seems to be this way. In my area it was Talktalk and Air Broadband first, then just Talktalk as Air Broadband went bust soon after Cityfibre went live. It took about 6 weeks for other providers to start appearing, and Zen still haven't to my surprise as I thought they were national with Cityfibre - I have 12 to choose from at the moment.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2023, 08:28:26 PM »

They have preferential partners, I kicked off with a few core network partners and it was meant to be August for anyone.

Thanks, yeah I suspected it may have been that, so will be a while still then, I am going to fill in the contact form now to at least see if they can tell me when they will get the preferential partners online.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #58 on: July 31, 2023, 03:29:10 PM »

I filled in the form on the 17th July... just had a response today  :no:... Still won't commit to any date even though the cbt was put on the pole weeks and weeks ago..  ???

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #59 on: August 01, 2023, 10:21:05 PM »

Thanks, no response here yet, usually they would respond to me very quickly within 2 working days.

Although its not going to speed things along, its just about trying to get a better idea of when they will get it online.

They dont like giving out dates, I only got told last time as I explained my predicament that I wasnt sure to commit to a VM contract, the guy sympathised and gave me the info.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

anything