Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: cityfibre no longer planned at my address  (Read 11562 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
cityfibre no longer planned at my address
« on: April 08, 2022, 03:32:11 AM »

Checked https://bidb.uk/ and it was unplanned.

Then checked their own website and it says.

Thanks for your interest, we haven’t planned your area at the moment.
To be the first to know when we are coming to your street and when you can access full fibre broadband, please sign up with us for updates.

I checked the nearest side street and its still planned.

Looks like they abandoning my street, maybe hit some snag, I did check 2-3 other properties on the road as well?  As far as i can go to the end of the road and its the same for all of them.

Also the other side of the park which was previously available has changed to unplanned.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 03:53:27 AM by Chrysalis »

Reformed

• Reg Member
Re: cityfibre no longer planned at my address
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 08:19:00 AM »

An area changing from available to unplanned sounds glitchy.

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 12:48:32 PM »

I don't know if its the same for the cityfibre people. But I've noticed OR jobs appear then disappear, and re-appear at a later date.

I've found cityfibre a bit of a let down when it comes to their plans. They had planned for Oldham to be in the planning stage yet nothing. They don't even have Manchester as a fibre city. I'm thinking that they are really behind schedule.

I hope they get back on track soon because more competition is better for us.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2022, 01:02:17 PM »

Mine's changed from private road to unplanned.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2022, 01:16:14 PM »

Its my understanding CityFibre pretty much say unplanned right up until its done.

For example OR just finished doing fibre across the road from me so I'd think there's a 99.9% chance CityFibre will do that bit too, but an address over there says the standard:
Thanks for your interest, we haven’t planned your area at the moment.

I was also under the impression that CityFibre claimed they only did WHOLE cities.  Although I'm not sure if by that they mean every single property or just that they will roll out to all viable areas across the whole city.  It seems a pretty bold claim to say they only do entire cities when there has to be outliers somewhere.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Reformed

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2022, 06:03:19 PM »

CityFibre have never claimed to build to every property in a city. They aim for 85% coverage I believe, and that 85% is not going to be of the local authority.

They just finished Milton Keynes with coverage of about 90%.

Still seems glitchy for some premises to go from being ready for service to unplanned.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2022, 10:16:35 PM »

Ok so no reply from the general cityfibre form, but my contact said he is unsure and will get back to me.

The author of the better internet dashboard also contacted me and said he is seeing same in another city, and he thinks it might be a glitch, I have gave him postcodes to check for main road (now unplanned) and side streets (all still planned).

Also tbb have their activated services plotter, no idea how accurate that is.  There is a activated property on the other side of the park which is currently "unplanned".
« Last Edit: April 08, 2022, 10:28:23 PM by Chrysalis »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2022, 09:45:13 AM »

Well, got a reply from the BIDB dev again, and he informed me its all planned, lo and behold its planned again.

So I guess was a glitch.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2022, 12:37:17 PM »

Also tbb have their activated services plotter, no idea how accurate that is.  There is a activated property on the other side of the park which is currently "unplanned".

I was actually checking that round here, it seems to match the BIDB overlay and some of those addresses which show available for OR when I checked addresses manually it was not.  So don't really know what's going on there.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2022, 12:30:32 AM »

Cityfibre themselves now confirmed it was an error.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2022, 05:55:08 AM »

BIDB dev offered to generate a map for CityFibre in my area, I didn't even ask as we were discussing what the OR map says vs what I had been able to lookup.  Apparently there are odd properties available when most are not round here, very strange.

Interestingly things do seem to be happening with CityFibre and I get the distinct impression they are following OR areas as the ducts are cleared/laid, as others had suggested might be the case.

Curiously for an address across the road that had OR laid last week the CityFibre checker now says:
We're still building in your area. Unfortunately it looks like we don't have permission from your landlord to install Full Fibre in your property.
for my address I get:
Thanks for your interest. To be the first to know when we are coming to your street and when you can access full fibre broadband, please sign up with us for updates.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2022, 08:01:05 AM »

If wayleave agreement is needed it will always say building (if planned), so a little misleading.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2022, 12:17:16 PM »

I was just kinda surprised it said it needed permission, given OR had just done those properties.  Have they even applied?

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2022, 12:22:11 PM »

I was just kinda surprised it said it needed permission, given OR had just done those properties.  Have they even applied?

Would Cityfibre know where to apply, do they make the process simple for a landlord to give permission?

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2022, 12:25:53 PM »

Would Cityfibre know where to apply, do they make the process simple for a landlord to give permission?

Well the property is council owned (while some individual units are private), not sure they know "simple". ;)

We were told we had to get an architect just to replace a vanity screen with a brick wall in the porch, so mum could store her wheelchair there.  Needless to say, that wont be happening as we can't afford that expense.  Meanwhile they keep badgering us that our house is too cluttered, when it was their changes during Decent Homes and poor roof maintenance that removed all our storage cupboards/rooms.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2022, 12:28:20 PM by Alex Atkin UK »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5