Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: BT Digital Voice pause  (Read 5844 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: BT Digital Voice pause
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2022, 09:16:40 PM »

I've been reading recently that this pause is only for people currently on FTTP that hadn't taken the DV product that they were being pushed on to it, and this pause is because of that i.e. new customers will have DV automatically. So I'm not sure what to believe?

I think I've been identified as vulnerable because BT moved me to a better phone calling tariff that as ended up saving me about £50 per month on the phone part of the bill.

I got on there because I happened to get a good person on the phone to speak to who could understand my situation. I'm not sure if the documents required to prove disability have changed. But last time I looked BT were asking for documents that have ceased to exist since the 1970's (in my life time I've never had the document they ask for). It would be better for BT to ask for the disability receipt letter and operate similarly to how Motability operates when the disabled person as to prove they qualify for a vehicle.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2022, 12:01:05 AM »

Its a tricky one as my mum was registered disabled for years before she received any sort of benefit from it, beyond a bus pass.  I'm not sure what "evidence" she had.  As we saw from Voxi though, if you are on a low-income benefit, there is a mechanism now to allow a third party 24 hour access to your bank statement electronically to verify that.  I went through that to get Voxi for £10/month for six months and it literally took a few minutes.  But to verify being vulnerable but not eligible for a benefit for it, no idea.

On the flip side, the council do not seem to take our disabilities or health issues in general seriously at all.

Mum asked for the gas inspector to wear clean overalls (never been in anyone elses house except the wearer as she has allergic reactions to other peoples skin) and face mask during the inspection (were vulnerable).  The contractor put this on their notes but the guy who turned up refused to honour them and the company claim they can't enforce it due to it not being legally required.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

noddy

• Reg Member
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2022, 06:54:26 AM »

I was wondering what will happen to customers on EO lines which BT says they have no plans to upgrade , when ever I've ask . Do they just cut us off ?

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2022, 11:29:26 AM »

On any EO circuits I've been involved in, in the past - OR tend to drop a Fibre cabinet on the underground E/O cable somewhere, (obviously) outside of the actual Exchange.

dee.jay

• ISP Rep
  • Reg Member
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2022, 12:24:50 PM »

On any EO circuits I've been involved in, in the past - OR tend to drop a Fibre cabinet on the underground E/O cable somewhere, (obviously) outside of the actual Exchange.

Yeah there's a green cab right outside my exchange for that purpose :) (SWAAZ)
Starlink and AAISP L2TP combo routed by opnSense on proxmox
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything