Announcements > News Articles

BT Digital Voice pause

(1/7) > >>

stevebrass:
https://newsroom.bt.com/were-pausing-our-digital-voice-plans-for-consumers-while-we-work-on-a-more-resilient-rollout/

Interesting development

GigabitEthernet:
Good.

Black Sheep:
Only had chance to skip-read through that but the thing that jumped out at me was this .... It’s not just BT customers who will need to make these changes, all home phone users, with any provider, will need to move to a digital system before 2025. .... this has always been the date PSTN was being switched off by my reckoning ??

I can't see where the 'pause' in the roll-out is, if they are still saying it will be all-digital by 2025 ??

My bad, if I've missed something.

meritez:
They have paused the new plans, and still rolling out the existing plan.

What were the next stage plans, app on your mobile for you to make landline calls?

gt94sss2:

--- Quote ---This will be a pause to part of the programme, we will aim to re-start once we have key solutions in place to provide our customers with more resilient connectivity. These include:

- Hybrid phones that can switch to a mobile network and have an in-built, long-lasting battery.
- The option of longer-lasting battery back-up units for customers who want or need them.
- Providing in-home ‘mobile landlines’ for people without broadband.
- Addressing so-called mobile ‘not-spots’, with continued investment in the Shared Rural Network. We’ve recently announced a further 1,500 locations that will get better coverage as a result.
- Launching an awareness campaign so that our customers better understand the need to switch.
- Continuing to proactively engage the related industries - like healthcare pendants and burglar alarm providers to ensure our most vulnerable customers continue to get the service they need.

And we’re continuing to work on other things, too, including advancements to scam-call shielding and fraud reduction tools, that we know are becoming ever more important to our users of landlines.

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version