Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ZTE MU5001, 5G/CAT20 Unlocked, Portable WiFi 6 Hotspot with 30 day rolling  (Read 4443 times)

craigski

• Reg Member

Well spotted, thank you, just ordered one on the £20 deal.

DaveC

• Reg Member

Sounds a bit too good to be true.  I've signed up for one...

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

Sounds a bit too good to be true.  I've signed up for one...
Well spotted, thank you, just ordered one on the £20 deal.

Went for £20 as well, lets see if it arrives.

DaveC

• Reg Member

Yes, I went for the £20 offer as well. 

Anyone dealt with Vodafone 30-day rolling contracts before?  Is it going to be possible to actually cancel at the end of the 30 days, or will we end up paying for 2 months?

EDIT: Looks like Vodafone are out of stock at the moment - my order status is "Order confirmed – Back-order".
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 05:47:25 PM by DaveC »

DaveC

• Reg Member

Anyone received theirs yet?  I ordered mine at about 16:03 on 8th March and it is still on back-order, although I've now had two messages from Vodafone saying they are working to get my order to me and apologising for the delay.

From reading the comments at hotukdeals, the easiest way to cancel appears to be to go to the online chat once you receive the router and sim card (which arrive together) and say you want to give your 30 day notice on the SIM contract as you only need to use it for a month.

This may turn out as needing to pay for month 2, and then getting a full (or almost full, depending on when you give the notice) refund at the start of month 3.

You need to be careful this isn't misinterpreted as you wanting to take advantage of the 14-day cooling-off period to completely cancel the purchase (in which case they will request the router back and give you a full refund).

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

not yet, still awaiting my 5g wifi 6 hotspot dongle bargain.

meritez

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

We’re really sorry, unfortunately we’ve had to cancel your recent Vodafone 5G Mobile Hotspot order.

This is because we’ve now discontinued this product – but due to a technical issue, it hadn’t been removed from our online shop.

Rest assured, you haven’t been charged for this order.

Once again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you,

The Customer Care team

We've sent this email to you automatically, so unfortunately you can't reply to it directly.

:'(

Par for the course from Vodafone Customer Care, we care so much you can not reply to this email.

craigski

• Reg Member

I've just got similar message.

DaveC

• Reg Member

Yes, same here.  Seems we all missed it by a few hours - orders made early that day were fulfilled.

gt94sss2

• Kitizen

Yes, very disappointing - especially when they are still selling the device online despite their claim that "we’ve now discontinued this product"