Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT Smart Hub 2 LAN Address Change  (Read 696 times)

tiffy

• Kitizen
BT Smart Hub 2 LAN Address Change
« on: March 25, 2022, 05:32:43 PM »

Just started using BT Smart Hub 2 on FTTP, it's default LAN address is 192.168.1.254.
Would like to change this to 192.168.0.254  and change allocated LAN address'es to 192.168.0.***.
The reason being, most of my current LAN clients, RPi's, security cameras NVR etc. are configured with fixed IP address'es in the 192.168.0.*** range.
I can of course change all the LAN clients but it would be much easier to change the Hub IP address range.

The BT SH 2 won't let me change the IP address range, am I doing something wrong or is this not possible? 
Vodafone FTTP 200/28, VF THG3000 Hub

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
Re: BT Smart Hub 2 LAN Address Change
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2022, 05:38:11 PM »

Look under Advanced Settings/My Network/IP4 Configuration

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2022, 09:59:58 PM »

Yes, had tried that briefly last night, tried to change "Hub Gateway IP address" first but won't allow until a matching "server address range" sub-net is selected first and this must be done under the "Custom" option.
Could probably have left the "Hub Gateway IP address" at "1" sub-net and just changed the "server address range" to "0" sub-net, didn't try.

Saves me a lot of messing about with my existing locally configured static address devices which are all happily connected again now under new management.

tiffy

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2022, 11:34:15 AM »

Still struggling this morning with my Shelly devices on the new BT SH 2, they are all Wi-Fi connected with my energy monitor (Shelly-EM) collating data to a RPi-3B+ running as a MQTT Broker and Grafana display interface, the RPi itself being ethernet LAN connected was still on line.
Have found that Shelly units Wi-Fi configuration can be quite tricky and time consuming so sought an easier alternative.

Changed the Hub Wi-Fi SSID and password to the same as my previous (FTTC) router, success, all Shelly devices back on line without any re-configuration.
Have lost approx 36 hours energy data but I can live with that.
Added bonus that mobile phones, Google hub's etc don't have to be Wi-Fi re-configured. ;D